• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I love the look of that finish on that gun. I'm afraid that my OCD would drive me crazy with finger prints and smudges though :crying:

I hear ya, it's hard to believe this was made in 1971 and this well taken care of all these years. I guarantee that it will continue to be taken care of but at the same time it will see some range time.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I just picked up a minty S&W 15-3 38 Spl today. It came with 7 speedloaders, speedloader carrier, loading tray, the original wood grips and a set of Hogue rubber grips and a nice Galco holster. It's also had a sweet trigger job done on it. It was just a deal I couldn't refuse.

SW15-3_wood%20Custom_zpsa4l8awg9.jpg

Wow that is nice. Are you sure it's had a trigger job? Mine is well used and it's trigger is excellent. Mine was a police gun at one time.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Wow that is nice. Are you sure it's had a trigger job? Mine is well used and it's trigger is excellent. Mine was a police gun at one time.

Without opening it up I can only go by what the gentleman who I bought it from told me. He said that a well know gunsmith in the area done a trigger job on it. He told me his name but I forget although I believe he said his last name is Belcher. I've felt many Smith triggers and this one by far is the smoothest I've felt.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Who makes those?

Hogue. These are cocobolo. You can get many different configurations such as checkering/no checkering, finger grooves or without, 1 finger groove or 2, etc. They have different species of wood to choose from too. They're solid hardwood 1 piece. They're a little pricey but not as much as Nills

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Colt New Service 7.5 barrel in 38-40, made in 1916. These were a real beast of a revolver in their day, parked here next to a Ruger Blackhawk for scale.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    One of a few of my Smith's. This one is a 629-7 Performance Center .44 Magnum Hunter. 7.5 inch barrel. I am currently waiting on a letter from Lew Horton. I believe there were less than 300 of these made.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom