What's your hiking / backpack backup gun, if any?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I've hiked and hunted a lot in bear country in Wyoming. Same weapon as I carry here,... M1911 .45ACP in a Hill People Gear chest rig. Of course, when hunting I'm already carrying a rifle, but I have not thought it necessary to carry a back-up when merely hiking.

Dirty Steve

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    you might look at Diamond D leather holster Guides Choice , I have one for a Sig Sauer Hunter 10mm , very nice fit

Something like that is what I assumed, and then I would agree that it probably isn't ideal for wearing around town.

I carry a 4" N-frame .44 magnum on my chest while camping and hiking, and the people around me usually don't have a clue. I'm a proponent of the Hill People Gear kit bags. Outside of formal situations, you can wear that in public.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    We vacationed in Alaska a few years ago. Took a .44 revolver in a belt holster for hiking, and a TCP .380 to pocket carry around Anchorage, Seward, and Alyeska resort. We encountered several situations while hiking where it was.... reassuring... to be carrying.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Smith and Wesson model 60-10 in three inch with adjustable sight. Sometimes a Ruger Bearcat in a over the shoulder rig....

rimg.php

rimg.php

Top Bottom