What's your favorite rifle, anything goes.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    how's the recoil on those K-31's? I've been thinking about getting one sometime.

It is actually not bad at all. The butt plate is plenty wide and flat. The round itself seems to kick less than a .303. It was about the same or a tiny bit more than my 6.5x55. All in all it is quite manageable. The gun is also very accurate. Mine seemed to be zeroed right at 100 yards when I got it. Most of my other milsurps (mostly 1918 and before) are zeroed considerably beyond 100 yards. Being in Indiana, I would rather have the 100 yard zero!

The K-31 is a great gun. The build quality is impressive, especially in the trigger group.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    It is actually not bad at all. The butt plate is plenty wide and flat. The round itself seems to kick less than a .303. It was about the same or a tiny bit more than my 6.5x55. All in all it is quite manageable. The gun is also very accurate. Mine seemed to be zeroed right at 100 yards when I got it. Most of my other milsurps (mostly 1918 and before) are zeroed considerably beyond 100 yards. Being in Indiana, I would rather have the 100 yard zero!

The K-31 is a great gun. The build quality is impressive, especially in the trigger group.

+1
    K31 is my favorite so far, too of my collection. I love everything about it.

So far I can only compare it to a 91/30, M44, m95, SKS, Saiga 308, MAS 49/56, k98 Mausers, and a 98/22 Mauser. I love shooting them all... they're all fun in their own way.... but the K31 is the one I find myself always coming back to.

On the recoil subject, another favorable item for the K31 is the rifle has a nice beefy stock. The weight's pretty well balanced.... but if you are worried about it, Swiss Products makes a couple of muzzle brake options and also a butt plate that you can swap on that allows for aftermarket recoil pads.

If you decide you want a "cheap" K31, I'm tellin ya, get to Rendezvous Guns in Greenfield before he sells out his current crop... last time I was ther he told me the new batches coming in are going up, up, up.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    :+1: Tavor

tavor_01.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Mooresville
    Ak's

I have owned everything just about over the years, and for my money I would have to go with my Romanian Ak47, I have owned high priced rifles of all sorts but it seems that no matter what I can pick up my Ak and fire rounds through it with out worring about it, It nice that It was cheap when I got it and I dont have to worry about it like my 1500 plus rifles. It nice to know that it is a old reliabale.

racdrof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Hard to answer that. Mabey the recoil and sound of a M44 or 91/30. Or mabey the smooth action of the Garand, and the sound of the clip ejecting from the last shot. Or could be pulling the trigger on the 45/70 Sharps. Hard question to answer.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    M1 Carbine

My M1 Carbine set up in its paratrooper stock. Also have the standard stock. Don't know, always thought it just looked nasty in this configuration. :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom