Whats your favorite barrel solvent/cleaner?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Hmmmm, sounds like what I did back in ancient history during ITR at Pendleton. Dragging old M1's through the sand, dirt, and dust, so clogged up with crud couldn't even open the bolt while waiting to got live fire. Had to break it down while standing in line, parts in pockets, hands, op rod spring in teeth [yuk], first shot got face full of oily sand. That night just before going to the showers, I remembered what some guys who went through boot in the Army years before me had told me. Stripped that sucker down to the metal parts, to the showers I went. All the guys in there said I would get busted if the troop handler came in and saw what I was doing, pretty soon I had a crowd around me, then they all left and came back with their parts. Everybody left with clean parts and barreled receivers, oiled them down, lubed them up, put them back together, back in the racks, couple of Sgt.'s came in ready to chew some butt about dirty rifles, couldn't find any. They left the barracks in a very bad mood. But that was back when accuracy was measured in Minute of Man, now it's Minute of Fly Speck. Semper Fi!

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    Never did that in boot camp, but when an armorer told me it was the best way to clean an M16 (this was when a SNCO could carry his weapon to/from range for qual in POV) I used to stop by the house (would have been in big trouble for that) and take a shower with it. Seemed to work. I'd still scrub it down, you know clean for 3 consecutive days after firing. Always used Hoppes at home and some bulk mil cleaner I have.

Top Bottom