• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I just got a NITECORE SRT3 a couple weeks ago.
    NITECORE

I like the variable lite output and the clear switch of the ring from Bright to strobe. THe red and the blue secondary leds are less useful, (unless you are a a pilot, in which case the red is useful for preserving night vision.

I dont look at it as much for a tactical light, but more as an Every day damn useful light. If you dont need the major brightness to look in the back of a cabinet, why burn the extra battery power. I use it in reduced output mode more than full brightness, which is bright...

Also works well as traffic wand, and the strobe is impossible to miss. Biggest drawback i see is the holster which has worn out quickly and I cant find a replacement for it... (the design is good, but the durability isnt.)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Olight M20 Warrior.

• 320lumens(4hours), 110lumens(12 hours), 9lm(150hours), 320lumen strobe
    • Side switch to direct access to strobe when power off or select output when power on

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    What's new and exciting is the foursevens mmr-X. Rechargeable system and 800 lumens in a fairly compact size. Save 10% with the ingo coupon code.

FOURSEVENS Maelstrom Regen MMR-X

Wow! Man, guess it is time to cash in my piggy bank again. Great light, similar in function to the Quark Pro that I mentioned above, but the usb charge is the game changer.

Dear Santa...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I usually have AA Mag-Lite in a belt carry holster as I use it for work all the time. Night carry is the rig in the pic so I do not need it.

TLR-1s Stream light with the strobe function...blinding.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I usually have AA Mag-Lite in a belt carry holster as I use it for work all the time. Night carry is the rig in the pic so I do not need it.

TLR-1s Stream light with the strobe function...blinding.

Very nice combo! :yesway:

Does that mean you dont carry a second light (other than the one on the gun) at night?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very nice combo! :yesway:

Does that mean you dont carry a second light (other than the one on the gun) at night?

It just depends on what I am doing. I most always have a S&W folder on the left and the mag-lite and a gerber multi tool along with the EDC. Belt is full but I use all of it at least once a day.
    Suspenders are a must these days.................:)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Streamlight Protac 2L. Have carried it for years. No issues with the clip. Still has the lanyard Rhino tied on it at the low light class last year.

I've been considering the Nightfighter X as an upgrade.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I've carried the Streamlight Scorpion for a while now. I've used it from tactical possum spotting to figuring out wiring my dvr & blue-ray players. It's been dropped in 4" of water and continued to function fine. Fairly inexpensive but bright and rugged.

streamlight-scorpion-led-main-lg.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Manatee, how long have you had the Scorpion and how's the rubber holding up? That's another model I've been considering.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Perfect. Still looks new. I think I've had it about 1 1/2 years. Could be longer…my memory is shot. The only downside is that my wife has left it turned on sitting on the bezel/glass and it wore the batteries down. It's one of the reasons I have dedicated pistol lights…she won't touch my pistols and therefore I always know where at least one flashlight with good batteries is located.

But, I'd buy another Scorpion tomorrow. Prices have come down. I think I paid $55+ for mine. Very high lumen 150 or 200.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom