• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Comp-Tac MTAC, Glock 19, Kershaw Leek, Surefire G2, Gerber Multi-Tool, and an HTC Titan (aka Sprint Mogul)
    daily-carry_003.jpg

daily-carry_001.jpg

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I like to have one in the chamber, 13 in the mag, a box of 20 and 4 loose rounds in my pocket. I guess I'm not so strange now am I?:laugh:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Glock 32

Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage (IWB) when I have to tuck.
    Milt Sparks Watch Six (IWB) when I don't

I also have a Milt Sparks for my Glock 27 and Glock 30 but the 32 is carried 99% of the time.

1.5 inch leather gun belt.

Lead times on leather holsters these days is extremely long in most cases. If you are right handed and carry a popular gun you can probably find a Don Hume or or Galco in stock. I am left handed and prefer the workmanship of the handmade holsters which creates quite a long wait. I bought all of my holsters 4 or 5 years ago when the lead times were a more reasonable 90 days or less.

good man:yesway:

I have switched my daily carry over to the glock 33 with a fobus evolution. Since the 33 is small enough, I can throw a longer tshirt over it, and no one really notices. I used to carry my 17 the same way, but it was a bit ungainly at times. I also usually have a spare mag for it on me in a pocket somewhere.

I rarely carry knives or flashlights. I should have my 11rd mags here today for my 33, so then I'll have a minimum of 23 rds of 357 on me :) I also carry speer gold dots until I can get some reloading accomplished.....and find some .355" polymer tipped bullets....

Last edited:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    In reality the box's content is inserted into these nice Polymer things called Magazines.[/quote]

all my mags are steel...:D

Depends on what I am wearing. Usually I have my fullsize colt 1911 in an IWB Galco skyops that can be tucked or if tucking is not needed maybe my Don Hume IWB.

If I am carring my S&W 642 it either goes in an ankle rig or a High Noon Holsters tuckable IWB

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I carry several different handguns, but I carry them all owb in leather holsters.

I prefer leather work by Andy Arratoonian at Horseshoe Leather, or by Nate at UBG Holsters. I also have a couple of Kramers that are very decent, as well as a Tucker LF1 for a Kahr K9.

Today, I am toting around a SIG 226 Blackwater in 9MM in a UBG rig.

It's a large gun, but doable when it comes to concealment.

m2hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Indy area
    Glock 19 in a Bianchi carrylok belt holster. Wear it at about 5 o' clock. My belt is usually just a dickies 1.5" (I think). Holds it good.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Now that cooler weather is here I'm switching to winter mode. S&W 696 .44 spl. in a crossdraw rig with 10 more rounds available in speedloaders on the off side. With just a light vest or jacket it conceals well and can be easily drawn even while seated in a vehicle. So much more comfortable after wearing an IWB rig all summer.

z56o2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy, Eagle Creek area
    I'm reading this thread with great interest because I intend to start carrying when my LTCH comes in, I haven't seen any posts for ankle holsters or shoulder holsters. Are these just not practical for concealed carry?

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I'm reading this thread with great interest because I intend to start carrying when my LTCH comes in, I haven't seen any posts for ankle holsters or shoulder holsters. Are these just not practical for concealed carry?

MANY moons ago, I carried an 8 3/8 S&W Model 57 (51 mag) in a shoulder holster (Uncle Mikes, IIRC). Painful after a couple hours, but I was a lot skinner then!

One of the guys who used to work at the range for me, used to swear by the Galco Miami Classic for his Glock 30 - he used that rig when he was a homicide detective.

Draw stroke with an ankle holster can be problematic - got to do either the one-legged chicken hop, or go down to one knee. I think they might be OK while driving, as long as you don't have a clutch....

My thought's and $5.95 will get you a small latte at Starbucks...:D

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've carried quite a few times using a shoulder holster. The reason I don't use them is because they are harder to conceal. You always have to wear an extra shirt or coat to keep it concealed. Fall/winter use is okay because you are wearing extra clothing. If you are planning on open carry, then concealment is not an issue.

I have never been crazy about ankle holsters. I don't like the fact that your gun is not easily accessible. Waist or shoulder holsters allow you quick access without having to bend, lean, or kneel. The other thing I don't like about ankle holsters is weapon retention if you have to run. Yeah, your weapon might be welded into your holster, but what in ensuring your holster isn't going to move. Waist or shoulder holsters take a lot less shock while running. Or, just do what I do, and avoid running at all costs. :): It all comes down to personal preference though...

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Welcome z56o2..

I feel your pain. Where I work currently, there can be no evidence that I'm carrying. This is part of the reason I started this thread - if I could just toss on a shirt over what I'm wearing it would be great, but I can't. I have a specific dress code.

A shoulder holster, IMO, is great if you're wearing a jacket. My boss could get away with it no problem, as I've never seen him without a suit jacket or sportcoat. I am wearing a long-sleve buttondown shirt, though, no jacket allowed.

IWB tuckable is my best bet for right now. I have never tried an ankle holster, honestly, but I would rather have a pocket holster anyway..

There's lots of other options, though.. what are you planning to carry?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Welcome z56o2..

I feel your pain. Where I work currently, there can be no evidence that I'm carrying. This is part of the reason I started this thread - if I could just toss on a shirt over what I'm wearing it would be great, but I can't. I have a specific dress code.

A shoulder holster, IMO, is great if you're wearing a jacket. My boss could get away with it no problem, as I've never seen him without a suit jacket or sportcoat. I am wearing a long-sleve buttondown shirt, though, no jacket allowed.

IWB tuckable is my best bet for right now. I have never tried an ankle holster, honestly, but I would rather have a pocket holster anyway..

There's lots of other options, though.. what are you planning to carry?

For really deep concealment, you might consider smartcarry or thunderwear.

I have the thunderwear version of that concept and it works pretty good at concealing a full size 1911 even in moderately tight pants. I get a bit of pinching when sitting down with that carry--the hammer and beavertail grip safety poking me in the waist--bit it would probably be fine for anything smaller.

z56o2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy, Eagle Creek area
    A Glock 23 once I get ahold of one. I'm not new to guns, I grew up shooting and I just got out of the military. I just haven't built up my own collection very far yet. From what I've read I'll more than likely end up going with IWB.

Top Bottom