• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    He's goin on 3 years if I remember right. His stomach doesn't seem to be tender or bloated. Been told some stuff about poisoning so I may have to go talk to a neighbor that hates tecumseh and see if he has anything to do with it (he has attempted to poison our animals before).

I used to think people who treated their pets like people were weird and then tecumseh was born. I watched as he was born I named him and he has been a near constant companion since. He stayed by my side when I was on o2 and bed rest for a collapsed lung and he never left me when I was recovering from a major surgery. His is far from being replaceable.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I paore in vaccinations in a year than I do on footwear. I am a woman and I love my shoes, if that tells you anything.
    each pet I have, has it's own personality. They can not be replaced, just as my children can't be replaced.

do the world a favor, don't ever adopt a pet

I have a pet or three. Like 'em a lot. Enjoy their company. When the choice is between feeding your kids and fixing the cat, I'm having cat soup. You do what you feel is right for you. Don't presume that the right and moral choice is the same in every situation. And you're welcome to your opinion that your cat's can't be replaced. Makes me wonder about your stability but I don't have to put up with you on a daily basis. You sound very caring. As long as you don't value your cat's and dogs over your children's well being I have no problem with your choices.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I am waiting on some money from some work i did which will be enough to get him in to the vet. He is acting a little bit better than he was last night his eyes are not as glassy and he is starting to purr again. We were also able to get him to eat a little bit right after my original post.

Tell'em......ya need it .....NOW.......

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have a pet or three. Like 'em a lot. Enjoy their company. When the choice is between feeding your kids and fixing the cat, I'm having cat soup. You do what you feel is right for you. Don't presume that the right and moral choice is the same in every situation. And you're welcome to your opinion that your cat's can't be replaced. Makes me wonder about your stability but I don't have to put up with you on a daily basis. You sound very caring. As long as you don't value your cat's and dogs over your children's well being I have no problem with your choices.
    :scratch:

my stability is just fine. Unless you call my obsession with shoes unhealthy, I know my husband does

My children have never done without, nor have my pets. I do without before they do.

I have 2 cats and 3 dogs BTW... love them all

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I know, Im gonna call another vet and get a second opinion.

Printcraft you just reminded me I need to watch super troopers again

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    hoosierdoc I know what ya mean I am always amazed by that. Unless you are raising those animals to eat you have no business owning them if on stamps or wic.

But I have no kids so my priorities can be a little different

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    I was going to say poisoning, have you, neighbors, sprayed your lawn recently?, Do you have an outside water bowl that could have been near lawn sprays, nitrogen, etc?Drooling and glassy boogery eyes is a +1 for poisoning.Hope it gets better keep us posted.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Perhaps with that kind of outlook on pets you should have kept your opinion to yourself. Just because you're so callous with a pets life doesn't mean everyone should be. I've got upwards of $2k in vet bills for one of my cats alone. I wouldn't hesitate to spend that or more if something major came up with my cats or dogs.

In my considered opinion, unless you are very well off, you have a real problem with reality. Love your pets. Fine. Spend more on your pets than you can afford? That's a judgement problem, the consequences of which, you'll have to deal with. Animals are not people. Good company? Much of the time, yes. I enjoy the critters I am responsible for. I spend money to get them vaccinated. I make sure they have food and fresh water. I help clean up after them. If they need put down, I don't abdicate that job to the vet or make the last memory of my little buddies be a place they fear like the vets office. I cry like a little child and comfort them in a familiar place and the coup de grace comes unseen and swiftly at the back of the skull. My dog, my responsibility. I haven't had the need to make soup of one yet. IMO, many pet owners are off the rails of reality when their "babies" (Makes me cringe when people call them that) need $500 worth of surgery and they can't feed their kid and the cat still goes to the vet.

I'm sure b4 we get very far there will be examples,(if there haven't been already) of people spending crazy money on pets. Your money, your choice. My freedom in this country allows me to voice my opinion that you're wrong if that negatively impacts your children.:ranton::chillpill:
    Mrs. Gungho, I know you to be a good person and my intent was not to make you feel insulted. For that I apologize, but. I'm entitled to my own reasoned opinion. Just as you are to yours.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    No problem Patience

They told us to try to get him to eat anything and I got him to eat some cheese and a couple slices of turkey. He is acting a little bit better and is responding to his name which I would assume is a good thing.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    With snot and not eating it could be as simple as a cold. A cat won't eat if it can't smell its food, and the whole thing is very hard on them. I had one lose about 2 pounds one time, and she wasn't a big cat at all. As soon as the infection passed, she was fine, put the weight right back on. For an outdoor cat, poison is a concern. It doesn't have to be something intentional; lawn spray or fertilizer, antifreeze, whatever. There are also some plants that are poisonous. I had one I/O cat; they've all been indoor since.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I asked around and so far haven't found anyone that has treated their yards or anything. But two of our neighbors have admitted to poisoning animals in the past and one of them actually shot an old cat we had in the face with a .22 the cat survived which makes him hate us even more. But I will wait until I know for sure what is going on.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    two of your neighbors admitted that?! Jeez. I wonder if your neighbors are bad people or just more honest than others :)

is the cat still making urine and pooping?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I know he is urinating since he went in the bathtub (I thought we were past that) not sure about poopin though he refuses to use a litter box and goes outside

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom