• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    USS Dale (CG-19) firing an SM-2(ER) from her aft launcher. I didn't pull the trigger but I did assign the target and send the OFE (order for engagement). That ship is now an artificial reef off the east coast. I was on a ship in the battle group that sank her for target practice. She took a lot of ordnance.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    I posted this some time ago.

My avatar is a picture of the Greek goddess Artemis. She was the daughter of Zeus, carried a longbow and was considered to be the goddess of the hunt. Artemis is a name I affectionately called my wife after she took her first deer with a bow. The avatar is to honor and remind me of her. And in my eye, the wife looks every bit as good as the avatar.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Just a reminder of some of the toys I used to get to play with.

Same story as Birds Away above... My last missile shoot, didn't get to pull the trigger..... but I still have the decals from the missile!!!

:rockwoot:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Three months ago, I asked for an INGO smiley some time back, believing it to be a fitting addition to convey our thread messages.

".......We'll let you know", was the response.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Bender from the show Futurama. It's from an episode where he joins a robot boxing league and at one point he's wearing that fur coat and has robot "hoes" and bling.

I added the pistol(Ruger SR1911) into his hand.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    He's the protagonist from the original "Doom" video game series, the game I grew up playing, despite news stories suggesting it would train me to be a heartless serial killer.

The face he is making is shown whenever he acquires a new weapon.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks to everyone who has responded. Love the stories and the background. A special thanks to all the veterans!:patriot:

The pics mean a lot to most of you and that's very cool!:ingo:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The wood thrush is my favorite bird - it represents my love of the outdoors.
    The song of the wood thrush (only sung by the male) has been said to be one of the most beautiful in North America. It essentially has two voice boxes and can harmonize with itself. If you've ever been in the woods and heard a lone wood thrush, you won't forget it.
    Of the wood thrush Henry David Thoreau wrote:
    "Whenever a man hears it he is young, and Nature is in her spring; wherever he hears it, it is a new world and a free country, and the gates of Heaven are not shut against him."
    It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "..do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them."
    My video for the gun contest features a wood thrush song at the beginning and end ... if you're so inclided to listen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwp_uj9NQBI[/ame]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Mine is obvious.
    It looks just like me.Same beret, moustache, scarf ...

5952984-a-french-man-wiht-a-burret-and-scarf-looking-at-audience-good-avatar-image.jpg

Actual picture of me*:

french-man.jpg

*Note: Actual picture might not be an actual picture.

Top Bottom