• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    A gun upgraded and refinished by AllenM!

My Sentry has been a trooper all season. Somewhere north of 6000rds and a bajillion draws from kydex, and the bluing was looking pretty beat. The other tiny issue was that the serrations on the bottom left of the slide were putting a nice groove in my right thumb. A small thing, and maybe I should've just HTFU, but I'd rather not be bleeding after a 300rd practice session.

Thanks to Allen, the best gun I've owned just got better (and prettier) :yesway:

In the before pic, you can see the wear and the sharp corners on bottom of those serrations.

:
    photo202_zpsad1ba776.jpg

After: Fresh cerakote, perfectly done and a beautiful, conservative bevel along the bottom of the slide.

IMG_0130_zpsdead4edc.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nice work but i'm also a fan of the well worn look. Gives it character IMO.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Allen is the man. Looks nice. And I agree, what's better than a new gun? One you know inside and out that now looks new!

short308

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Looks great. I have the ranger II and it is one of the best shooters I own. How do you like the operator grips ?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Nice work but i'm also a fan of the well worn look. Gives it character IMO.

I like it too, but the bluing had been completely worn off in some spots and it was a pain to constantly be keeping those spots clean with some oil on them to prevent rusting. This gun gets shot - rain, shine, sweaty hands, whatever; so I wanted to keep it well protected.

Looks great. I have the ranger II and it is one of the best shooters I own. How do you like the operator grips ?

They're plenty aggressive, I like them alot. Between them and the 30lpi checkering on the front strap, the gun doesn't move in my hands.
    It's a toss-up whether these or the Alien texture is my favorite.

Looks brand new again! Allen did a great job!

He does great work. My lousy photography skills don't do it justice. I got a chance to run a few hundred through it today at the ACC Open house, and the bevel on the bottom makes it even better than it was new. No cut on my thumb!

DosOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Evansville
    Looks awesome, although as kg1 said there is something to say about a worn finish. What kind of trigger is that because it looks crazy?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    What is even better than a new gun?

Two or three new guns.

To be honest, I think a pallet full of bullets, primers and powder would be better. ;)
    The mere owning of guns is boring. I like shooting them.

I wouldn't mind a clone of this 1911 as a backup though.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Awesome work! :yesway:

That man's level of skill and craftsmanship is hard to find these days. His gunsmithing skill is right on par with his re-finishing too!

Top Bottom