• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Can you recommend a particular guide or hunting outfit?

Redneck made a good point. The thrill is in the hunt, so bow and muzzleloders for one shot kills. There are reasonable places and guides for mule deer, pronghorn and elk in northwest Colorado and probably some of the easier tags to get. I have done 3 trips ranging from $1,000 to $1,500.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    Chances are you will have to leave indiana and go out west to find something like that... If you've got the cash you could always go hunting in Africa...

I used to go hunting white tail deer when i was younger (12-16) and one time I saw a buck about 75 yards away through some brush, and with my smooth bore 870 I took the shot, he immediately dropped. I immediately jumped down from the tree stand and took off running toward him to see what I had got. Well, as i was running i pumped another round into the chamber. Right as got up to him, he stood up and looked me in the eye, and all i could think was "He's going to spear me with his antlers!". I raised my shotgun and put a slug into the side of his head at point blank range.

Apparently the first slug only knicked his rear end, and he decided to lay down. *Shrug*.

I took him to the butcher in lagrange after I field dressed him, and the butcher says "HOLY COW! You shot him in the head!".. I just smiled and nodded.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I suggest snipe......You need a bag a stick and and a large woods........Make sure that you practice your snipe call before you go. And be careful, they bite. Sometimes you have to stay out in the woods for days before you bag one but it's worth it. I know several people that have them mounted over their fireplaces. They make quite a trophy. I believe there are several guides available if you need one.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    I suggest snipe......You need a bag a stick and and a large woods........Make sure that you practice your snipe call before you go. And be careful, they bite. Sometimes you have to stay out in the woods for days before you bag one but it's worth it. I know several people that have them mounted over their fireplaces. They make quite a trophy. I believe there are several guides available if you need one.

Why would you hunt a snipe?

Commonsnipe67.jpg

Didn't think they had any of these in indiana,,,

Definitely not bigger than a deer :D

Last edited:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I would suggest bowhunting black bear and or mountain lion.
    Most bear in Canada are hunted over bait because the bush is thick. I have bowhunted blackies 5 times up there being successful 4 times with the largest being over 400 lbs. and scoring 19 2/16 P&Y. If hunting over bait is not your cup of tea, there is always spot and stalk or using hounds. Normal out west type of thing because of greater visibility.
    Mountain lion is usually hunted with hounds.
    Turkey with a bow will challenge you also.
    Good luck with your decision.

met eng gun nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Stone Creek Hunting ranch in Missouri had a good hog hunt with a bow. weights range from 30lbs to over 400lbs in 400 acres of Ozark hills, definitely harder than you think. I used a bow and wound up crawling up a ridge to follow a small herd. The lodge is nice and teh price is reasonable. I would never go there or any other high fence place for other game though...my brother in I tried to draw a 9 point buck in the cabin by hand feeding him lettuce...but the hogs are wild

Top Bottom