Whats a fair going price for a Glock 27?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    The officer I had spoken to was looking to sell his personally owned Glock27 and but the 9mm version that will use the same mags as what the dept is issuing. So I offered him cash for his vs trading it in. He wants a couple days to see what a LGS will offer as a trade in

That's kind of what I'm thinking might happen as a lot of the personally owned backup G27's will get sold (or traded in) to fund the purchase of a new 9mm backup like a G26 or I guess even a G43 since it will at least now be a common 9mm ammo. But I dunno if it was me I would really like the option to use my primary mags in my backup if the need ever came up.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I chatted w/ these guys via email today. It's an hour or two drive from here but probably worth it to hand pick the gun and not have to pay for shipping and an FFL transfer w/ local dealer.

These are really good guys to deal with and they will be at the Indy 1500 in August.
    If you ask, they will bring whatever you want to buy up with them to the show.
    These look like really nice police trades and have night sights to boot.
    Would be nice if they had more mags though.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Would be nice if they had more mags though.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing, where'd all the extra factory mags go to...haha. They seem to have some lots of 10 used mags for some of the glocks that didn't seem terribly priced but all seemed sold out yesterday when I looked.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The officer I had spoken to was looking to sell his personally owned Glock27 and but the 9mm version that will use the same mags as what the dept is issuing. So I offered him cash for his vs trading it in. He wants a couple days to see what a LGS will offer as a trade in
    LGS will typically give $300ish from what I've seen.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Plainfield Shooters Supply,

Thunder that is a fair offer, better than I think he will get at any LGS to buy straight out, maybe around that in a deal for a new G-26 or G-43.
    Some of us get sentimental about the EDC or BUG we have been carrying for years, and want to keep for ever, I know my G-27 (2.5 Gen made in the early 90's BSA serial number prefix) has been just about a daily companion since I got it, other than replacing the Trijicon night sight lamps, I carry, clean, feed and shoot it as much as I can.

Maybe going to start a EDC PD show me your GLOCK pic thread someday.

Last edited:

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Maybe going to start a EDC PD show me your GLOCK pic thread someday.

Our son is just a few weeks into the IMPD academy. I'm contemplating getting him a BUG or EDC once he graduates the academy. I'd love to see what his soon to be fellow officers are carrying so as to have some additional ideas aside from the current thought of G26 or G43. Thanks!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Our son is just a few weeks into the IMPD academy. I'm contemplating getting him a BUG or EDC once he graduates the academy. I'd love to see what his soon to be fellow officers are carrying so as to have some additional ideas aside from the current thought of G26 or G43. Thanks!
    I used to carry a G27 for years as an off-duty and an ankle gun. I eventually moved my ankle gun to a .38 spl snubbie and my G27 was 100% off-duty carry. Since hearing of the switch over to 9mm, I sold by G27. I bought a G19 as my primary off-duty carry and a G43 as my gym shorts gun. Love them both.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Shot my EDC today, after first mag I noticed the rear Trijicon NS was way off to the left. WTF I thought and pushed it back on with my thumb. I have no idea what happened but I will look it over at lot more closely when I take it off at home from now on. Glock Armorer re centered it. Must have knocked it against something just right.

Top Bottom