• How should I build it?

• Total voters

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I don't even have my first AR done, and I'm already thinking about what to do with the second lower I bought. I have a few ideas but just wanted some input from others. I want something fun and different, probably mostly paper punching, but who knows.

:ar15:

ETA
    I meant to add dedicated .22 on the poll too. If someone thinks this is a good option please choose other. (unless mods can edit)

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Well the next one I build will be for the wife. It's going to be a .223 but configured how she wants it. I have a rough parts list from her input already. Just waiting on more funds. I have 2 other lowers and I want to build one up for SBR with a suppressor. I will be picking up that one piece at a time thanks to the ATF and their tax on each.:noway:

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm interested in the 6.8 SPC round. I have a Ruger in 5.56, but if I were to build one for a second AR thats what I would get.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Do you reload? If so I would cast a vote for the 300 Whisper. Great mid range accuracy, hits very hard with a 220 grain bullet, very little felt recoil, uses standard AR 15 magazines, uses standard .223 BCG, and if you buy a suppressor it is more fun than a basket of puppies!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I had this dilema too back when I finished my first. Two more lowers quickly followed. I decided to leave my first a KISS middy. The second I decided to make my "pimped out" AR.

I decided to sell the 3rd before my bank account went red. :D

If I were to do a third, I'd probably do a different caliber, and most likely a larger cal, either 7.62x39, or one of the other newere offerings larger than 5.56.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    me being new in here, im not sure as to the meaning of SBR or i think ive seen SBS and a few other things like that that i know not the meaning of, if somebody could help me out, id appreciate that

workinman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    NWI
    I'm looking into the 6mmAR Turbo myself. of course there are others i've been interested in. .22lr, 6.8spc, 6.5 grendel, 9mm, even the .50 beowulf.

tzgunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have to second the .458 SOCOM - I know that it is just a standard .223 lower, but still...

More people need to have one of these so we can band together and buy ammo!

Top Bottom