• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    So I've pretty much narrowed down what pistol I want to a Glock. I used to really hate them actually until recently, but I've decided it was probably best for reliability and cost. Also I'm definitely going with 9mm as my caliber primarily because it's cheap to shoot and I think it's sufficient, so I'm not looking for a .45 or .40 S&W. So basically, I'm trying to figure out whether I should go with the 17, 19, or 26. I plan to use it mainly for target shooting, but in the future I was planning on using it for concealed carry. So if anyone wants to share their thoughts on the pros/cons of each model I'd like to hear them. I'm leaning more towards the 17 right now just because I can get one for about $430, but the price on a Glock 19 I saw locally was only about $30 more so I'm not sure yet.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Glock 19 is my vote. My first gun, easily concealable and still a good range gun.

:twocents:
    Same here. However, if you are a bigger guy, you may have no problems concealing a 17. There is really no difference between the 3 models, other than size.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I'll be the dissenting opinion, and suggest the 19 ;). There is a reason its the main suggestion so far, it is simply the best compromise available. It doesn't give up much capacity to the 17, and the barrels are also rather similar in length, but the 19 will me much easier to conceal. While I do desire a baby Glock, the midframes rock like no other.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Thanks for the opinions, I guess I will be going with the Glock 19. I was kind of thinking that anyway since it's larger than the 26 making it more suitable for the range but also smaller than the 17 giving me more benefit on conceal carry. Again thanks for your input!

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Thanks for the opinions, I guess I will be going with the Glock 19. I was kind of thinking that anyway since it's larger than the 26 making it more suitable for the range but also smaller than the 17 giving me more benefit on conceal carry. Again thanks for your input!
    Can't beat it, you can try, but you can't!

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    So does anyone have a suggestion for a good store to purchase a G19 from? I've heard people on these forums praise Planfield Shooting Supplies, what are the prices on a used Glock there? I live in Bloomington, so I can't exactly drive up just to check it out, but when I get closer to buying it I'd like to know what price range I can expect. Thanks for the help!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    ... but in the future I was planning on using it for concealed carry. ....

If you had not said that, I would be the dissenting opinion and say 34 or 17. Personally, owning a 19 and having access to both a 17 and 34, the 34 is easily the most enjoyable to shoot. I have big paws, and if you dont, then the slightly larger frame may not be what you want. The 34 is a lot better if you only want it for the range and in the house. Much more controllable, IMO. However, if you are trying to carry it, I guess I'd say 19. The 19 is a compromise in size and control (aren't they all). Hind sight being 20/20, I would probably buy a 34 and then a different carry pistol. I don't carry my 19 as much as a lot of the guys on this board do because I am a sissy and I find it a PITA to carry. (P3AT for ultra deep cover :): ) However, I only own mediocre holsters, and that (according to others with more experience than I) makes all the difference. If you haven't had a chance to shoot a 19 before you buy, PM me or Nate. We both have 19's and are in Bloomington, heck we could make a bromance out of it.

Last edited:

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    So does anyone have a suggestion for a good store to purchase a G19 from? I've heard people on these forums praise Planfield Shooting Supplies, what are the prices on a used Glock there? I live in Bloomington, so I can't exactly drive up just to check it out, but when I get closer to buying it I'd like to know what price range I can expect. Thanks for the help!
    Yes Bob in Plainfield is the best prices around. New G19 will run you about $489. Used ones will obviously vary depending on shape it's in, and generation etc. I have seen them as low as 350 there. Best place to buy Glocks in central indy. Good luck.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

karlsgunbunker has a deal through a distributor right now for $440 I believe. PM him for details.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Just to throw my :twocents: in...

When I got my G22 I was trying to decide between the G22 and the G23. The thing that sold me on the G22 was the feel. The G23 felt like it "crowded" my hand too much.

Top Bottom