Browning Belgian superimposed
    Remington 3200

My wifes BT 99 is a beautiful gun.

smith629

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Beretta 391 Gold 12ga 3 inch chamber i own several other shotguns(686s,686,Rem 1100,Stroger SxS,) the 391 is the best for me i shoot trap,some skeet and hunt with it.Its the most trouble free and accurate shotgun that i own and certainly not the most expensive. I would give up all my other shotguns before i would this one. Randy W.
    AL391-Urika-2-Gold-X.jpg
    AL391-Urika-2-Gold-X.jpg

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I guess I'm the first one to post the Mossberg 835. I have owned one for 12 years, and put countless rounds through it, from thousands of rounds of #7-8 shot for skeet, trap, and sporting clays, to 3.5" steel for geese, to 3" turkey loads to deer slugs. Hasn't let me down.
    The 870 is ok. I got a good deal on one so I keep it under my bed. It doesn't handle or point for me as well as the 835 does.

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    Beretta 391 Gold 12ga 3 inch chamber i own several other shotguns(686s,686,Rem 1100,Stroger SxS,) the 391 is the best for me i shoot trap,some skeet and hunt with it.Its the most trouble free and accurate shotgun that i own and certainly not the most expensive. I would give up all my other shotguns before i would this one. Randy W.
    AL391-Urika-2-Gold-X.jpg
    AL391-Urika-2-Gold-X.jpg

391 Gold is a nice piece. I cut mine down so the wife could shoot sporting clays with it. 870 for HD scattergun. But my favorite is my Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon Grade Xtrap... 30" barrels with briley choke tubes. I shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays with this gun and it will go to my grave when they throw dirt on me.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I'll be the first to say the Benelli Nova. They are impervious to most weather conditions, they look and feel good and they come with many great features from the factory. The only down sides are the stock is not removable and extra barrels are non-existant. But I say get one for every application!

Dr. Pretorius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My favorite shotgun is a SKB Pump 12ga with fixed skeet choke I picked up at Gander Mtn for $350. This thing has the smoothest action I've ever felt. Awesome for skeet and believe it or not rabbit hunting. I know Skeet choke is not the best choice for rabbit hunting, but I have been slaying them with this shotgun loaded with 7-1/2's

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    My 1897, because that's what I'm used to and it's never let me down. Besides, when you rack the slide, it sounds like Hell itself has risen up to strike you down!

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Shotguns

For Me the favorite depends on the use
    HD its a Reminton 870 (12 Ga ) 3 inch mag
    Small Game remington 1100 (12 ga ) I have had for years and never let me down older model that only uses 2 3/4 shells and 30 inch bl this was my Deer gun until a few years ago ( have a rem Rifled bl with rifle sights also ) and killed a lot of Deer with this gun
    Duck/ Goose hunting is the Browning Gold Hunter ( 3 1/2 in magnum) this is also my new deer gun 28 inch bl and also have a 21 in American Bl co. Rifled slug bl with fiber optic rifled sights
    Over all my Fav which I dont shoot much is the Browning Citori 12 ga 28 in bl over/under its just so pretty
    I say Im taking it hunting then I get scared Im going to scratch it and then it stays in the safe LOL
    I do shoot some trap with it now and then

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Great response

An un-believable response to this post, 49 and counting, thank you all for your reply, I have learned by reading your replys and have some new shotguns to watch for, thanx.:rockwoot:

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    My favorite is my 870. Its perfect :) Its pretty light, has every possible part i need for really cheap. Cantilever scope mount for my riffled barrel, same for turkey, and smooth bore for my field barrel. its truely perfect. And it shoots really smooth

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Mossberg 500 - So many configuration from one platform. How can you go wrong.

The shotgun I wish they would make... Smith & Wesson M&P semi-auto 12-gauge. Now that would be something. A 12-gauge from the M&P line. LE's would soak up production for years.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Laugh all you want, but my dad's no-name break action 12ga that's way older than I am is my favorite. I've shot many shotguns but this is my fav. Simply because it was the one I grew up with.

I do wish I knew what beautiful O/U's they used in Philmont Scout Ranch. I remember they said they were $7K shotguns and I hit 5 of 5 clay's after 1 week and 2 days of tough mountain hiking. Did I mention they were BEAUTIFUL??!?!!?!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I had to carry it with me all the time, a Mossberg 500A with an extended mag tube and a trigger job. Used to have one with a spiffy M16A front sight and a rear aperture sight. The problem was it beat the crap out of me. Had I understood the importance of stock length fitting the shooter, I'd probably still have it, though.

For just shootin', few are more enjoyable or comfortable than a Remington 1100 or 11-87, especially if they've had some TLC from a really good smith or shotgun builder. One of the reasons they are soft shooters is because they're heavy though, so not so great if you have to walk and carry plus all of your other stuff.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    100_0507.jpg

Its my favorite because i made it ...lol

Well here is the story ,
    i bought the shotty at auction for $40
    Cut the barrel from 28 inch to 18.5
    chopped the stock down 3 1/2 inches
    total length 31 inches
    refinished stock in a snakeskin pattern ...
    ported barrel
    added heat shield and tac light

laser engraved flame job done by G2G tactical in georgetown

Fun to build and even more fun to shoot

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    In 1967 my father bought me an Ithaca SKB 20ga SXS. I have harvested a box car load of rabbits, squirrels, quail and pheasant with it. I even took a couple of ducks back in the day when lead was legal. The finish is about 40% now but it is still tight and still my 1st choice for upland game. The advantage of a double barrel is that you have 2 chokes on 1 gun. Perfect for taking doubles or for a follow up shot. It is the FASTEST gun you will ever shoot. And it is MINE! MINE! MINE!..........Oops.....Sorry.... I digressed there for a moment.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    favorite shotguns

S&W Eastfield 916 pump.Nothing fancy ,but reliable ,full choke,nice wood-a good ole pump gun that will bring down the birds. It fits me well-paid $100 used years ago..............

Top Bottom