What home defence gun do you have at home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I keep a ruger gp100 in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in 2nd floor

a taurus 85 hid in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on the 1st floor

and a sw99 in 40 in the basement

I'm also considering putting a shotgun in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that would give me 2 in the upper floor, I figure thats where and when I'll be most at risk

But I also have the advantage of some bad guy seeing me in nothing but my underwear to really get the jump on him. While he's dry heaving I'll shoot him

Last edited:

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    i have a 30 06 behind the front door , an old 22 long rifle under the couch and a eaa 45 sub compact usually in the coffee table all loaded since i live in indy

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    home defense guns

I keep a Saiga 12 handy with 10 rds OO buckshot in the closet.
    9mm next to the bed
    and
    AMD 7.62x39 with 30rds ready also 75 rds drum......... if needed.

INDYK:ar15:

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    A 6 shooter should work just fine for home defense. I figure if I need more than that, then there is little chance for survival anyway.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A 6 shooter should work just fine for home defense. I figure if I need more than that, then there is little chance for survival anyway.

Please don't take this as anything other than a difference of opinion, but I figure a 6 shooter would be fine if I was out and about, but at the house I want all the firepower I can get. Perhaps because I live well outside of town? But if someone comes through my door with intent then the reality is there is nobody to help me for a very long time. That said, I want to be able to fend off or defend for an extended period.

While out and about I figure that I'm much closer to the professional responders, that most bad guys are cowardly opportunists who will exit as quickly as they attack, and that the typical shootout only involves a total of 3 to 4 shots.

Again, just a respectful disagreement with you. Perhaps based on my life well outside the nearest city.

Top Bottom