• Status
    Not open for further replies.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked out. Ran, swam, lifted, heavy bag. Went camping, cooked over the fire, slept in a hammock.

Dry fired G19, 870 and AK

Organized gear locker and gun room better after moving.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Went to the gym, did my official weigh-in. I'm down another 2#. That's 20# since we started going to the gym in March.

Assisted with leading the IndySouth meeting for The Well Armed Woman and ran their live fire portion

looked for rural properties to get out of the Fishers ghetto

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Went to the gym, did my official weigh-in. I'm down another 2#. That's 20# since we started going to the gym in March.

Assisted with leading the IndySouth meeting for The Well Armed Woman and ran their live fire portion

looked for rural properties to get out of the Fishers ghetto

Fishers ghetto? Is that even a thing?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are those really good dill pickles or those horrible sweet things that only savages eat?

Kosher dills. Some of them are yours, if you want. Let me know.

Lotta garden work this time of year.

20160726_182300_zpsva340bgp.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Kosher dills. Some of them are yours, if you want. Let me know.

I'd like to try a few before I make you waste a jar on me, but yeah!

Lotta garden work this time of year.

20160726_182300_zpsva340bgp.jpg

That looks awesome, especially those red potatoes! They have a lower glycemic index than other potatoes and taste better in my opinion.

Do you grow sweet potatoes too?

You and people like you are engaging in the best possible type of prepping: learning to manage a sustainable food supply for the long run. If nothing bad happens, you have the best produce available on a regular basis. Win-win-win.

My dad wasn't able to pant his garden this year for the first time during my lifetime. I don't look forward to the effort involved, but I'm going to have to do it next year if only on a small scale.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Fishers ghetto? Is that even a thing?

If you saw my neighborhood...yes. It's as ghetto as Fishers gets while still being Fishers. These are not the stereotypical Hamilton County people with nice cars and perfect lawns. The houses are too close together and there are more cars parked on the side of the streets then in driveways. The house next to us has at least 7-8 cars for the people who live there.

BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    Going to my alternate homestead this weekend. Was out for a week a month ago. Trying to finish some wiring, plumbing, unpacking, yard work. More over sizing up replacing the old ass well pump thats making noise. Have one on site but like any plumbing job its having the right fittings there before starting. Fly out Friday Fly back Sunday.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    If you saw my neighborhood...yes. It's as ghetto as Fishers gets while still being Fishers. These are not the stereotypical Hamilton County people with nice cars and perfect lawns. The houses are too close together and there are more cars parked on the side of the streets then in driveways. The house next to us has at least 7-8 cars for the people who live there.

Oh thats not good. I was looking at moving to Fishers but I guess I'll have to drive and check the neighborhoods before hand!

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Oh thats not good. I was looking at moving to Fishers but I guess I'll have to drive and check the neighborhoods before hand!

Don't get me wrong, it's a quiet neighborhood. There's a LEO that lives down the street. But it's not the stereotypical Fishers neighborhood lol

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Finished building my AR. The scope/mount is due in on Friday and the 45* offset sights are in the works to supplement the scope.

We're working on the loan process on a rural property (16+ acres) with a barn/arena and fully fenced that used to be a horse farm.

I've not had good luck with growing plants so I've been easing into it. This year I have one tomato plant, a mint plant and a rosemary plant that I haven't killed.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Since my last post, I've been hitting the gym harder than I had been. I've been able to improve my performance and actually did a rope climb for the first time in my life that I can remember. Knocked out a mile run without any stopping and made about as good of a time as I'd ever had outside of basic training. Crossfit continues to push me well outside of my comfort zone, and that strong feeling of being able to just manhandle stuff has been coming back in a big way. The fat lost on the diet has stayed off. I'm going up a few pounds, but the scanner says it's muscle and fat is still going down so I'll take that any day of the week.

It's been a year ago that I joined the crossfit gym and every dollar paid in the gym memebership, every bit of blood, sweat, and tears has all been worth it when I look back at where I was when I started versus where I am today. I am stronger, faster, with weak points strengthened. I am more of an asset to myself, my family, my friends who may need a helping hand.

I've been running drills with an AK to regain muscle memory and familiarization. My people know I'm an AR guy at heart, but I also want to be able to pick up an AK and be 100% with it. Personally, I think every concerned person should be able to pick up an AR, or an AK and run it 100%.

I've been putting away some instant coffee packs. That's never even remotely hit my list of priorities in the past, but I'm getting old enough that I'm starting to see its value more and more. If anyone has a good lead on instant coffee packs post up a link. I've been buying these:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EVJX2JC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I don't think the listed shelf life of these is anything to brag about, but I really like the individual packets for ease of use. It's not tacticool, but it's still awesome.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have stocked up on these instant coffee packs, because 1. My wife likes hers with cream and sugar. 2. I usually add hot chocolate to my instant in the winter for a sugar kick and to mask the instant coffee taste. I can get you some to test. Keep them in all my packs. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7DKXK...fee&pd_rd_r=UbRP4&ie=UTF8&qid=1470843209&sr=1

I appreciate the offer, but I'm looking for smaller individual serving type of packets to stock up on. We can still grab a coffee though some time though. :)

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm also feeling the urge to reinvest in my AK consumables, like mags & ammo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom