indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Dang, you've been busy.. :yesway:

We had our first venture into canning today. Tomatoes into Salsa into jars.
    Yesterday we added water and more long term storage food.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dang, you've been busy.. :yesway:

We had our first venture into canning today. Tomatoes into Salsa into jars.
    Yesterday we added water and more long term storage food.

We are contemplating doing some canning next year with the garden goodies. WE have some great teachers just never any time.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Lessee,

One fight session, lighter, less throwing. More wrist locks and arm bars. A little ground game.

Lots of rucking. Lots. Plus some gym time. And heavy bag

Dryfired twice: G19, AK, 870

Rotated gas

Cut up a dead ash (no surprise there) and laid in the wood.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Been catching mice by the chicken coop and feeding them to the catfish…waste not, want not. No chemicals were used ,just old fashioned mouse traps.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a drinker any more past beer but looking at putting in some alcohol. Might revert back if the "S" does HTF
    Just not sure what to put in. Really doubt I will be drinking it but who knows.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never considered coffee... Thinking if I had to hole up for a month or so if this Ebola thing gets around here, that would be a necessary item.

Also, what sort of masks are best for this type of thing? I have some Israeli Civilian Gas Mask w/ Nato Filters that I picked up a year or so ago, but something more compact and comfortable might also be nice to have on-hand. Is N95 the rating to look for?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Never considered coffee... Thinking if I had to hole up for a month or so if this Ebola thing gets around here, that would be a necessary item.

Also, what sort of masks are best for this type of thing? I have some Israeli Civilian Gas Mask w/ Nato Filters that I picked up a year or so ago, but something more compact and comfortable might also be nice to have on-hand. Is N95 the rating to look for?

I think given the recent transfer realities of the virus treating it more like radioactive fallout would be more useful than trying to wear a mask. If it comes to town don't go out! Beyond that...the size of this virus will make stopping it with a filter problematic. The N95 could be useful for screening it a percentage of the time.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Not a drinker any more past beer but looking at putting in some alcohol. Might revert back if the "S" does HTF
    Just not sure what to put in. Really doubt I will be drinking it but who knows.

I consider a lot of what I have put up to be barter material as well as staples. Come the apocalypse folks are going to want some vodka. I also have a full set of brewing equipment and can turn out about 15 gallons of beer a week. I've got probably 2k Grolsch bottles that I got from an old (now closed) German restaurant in WI. Flip tops with plenty of extra rubber seals.

World falling apart? Bars open! Whatcha got to trade?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I consider a lot of what I have put up to be barter material as well as staples. Come the apocalypse folks are going to want some vodka. I also have a full set of brewing equipment and can turn out about 15 gallons of beer a week. I've got probably 2k Grolsch bottles that I got from an old (now closed) German restaurant in WI. Flip tops with plenty of extra rubber seals.

World falling apart? Bars open! Whatcha got to trade?

Address in PM if the SHTF......I have .22 ammo............:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom