What happens when you get to a hospital?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    My grandpa got hit awhile back, and city police held it at the station.

At the time, I was 20; not legally old enough to buy a gun from an FFL. But I was able to walk into the station and leave with a pistol and a box of ammo after he called in and let them know that I was coming.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LEOs are treated the same way. if they were involved in a crash they surrender their weapon to the officer on scene. I assume they can pick their gun up at a later time... I'd guess that's the same for civies.

A gunfight is different. Either the cops can bring me the hurt guy or the scene has to be safe. They wont let me wear armor or carry a side arm so thems my rules. I have 3 children and they are what's important to me. I get shot and I can no longer work or die I'm not alot of use to them.

Moral is stay out of gunfights.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    My experience in Clark County

OK, so I was in an accident in January of this year. I had my little Beretta in my glove box. When I was taken to the ER, the police found my pistol in my glove box, with a loaded mag in it. I asked the officer who took my statement in the ER about it, and she told me it had been taken into evidence, and was being kept there (IMHO, I'd rather have it there than in my wrecked car). When I came to claim it, the Police had placed it in a white evidence box and zip-tied it in, so that it wouldn't be shuffled around and scuffed. The magazine was still loaded, and it was in the same condition it was in when my car wrecked.
    :rockwoot:Kudos Jeffersonville PD!:rockwoot:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Years back when I was in EMS it was just no big deal, but I suspect that how your firearm will be treated and handled will likely depend on your location at the time of your accident. If something happened to you in the small county I'm from, it is no big deal at all and you'd most likely get your weapon back when your discharged from the ER. Or, if you couldn't take possession, it would probably be given to a relative. On the other hand, if something happened to you in Louisville, it could be a long, drawn out process. Just my feeling from a couple of the counties I once worked. :twocents:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Years back when I was in EMS it was just no big deal, but I suspect that how your firearm will be treated and handled will likely depend on your location at the time of your accident. If something happened to you in the small county I'm from, it is no big deal at all and you'd most likely get your weapon back when your discharged from the ER. Or, if you couldn't take possession, it would probably be given to a relative. On the other hand, if something happened to you in Louisville, it could be a long, drawn out process. Just my feeling from a couple of the counties I once worked. :twocents:

I don't honestly believe that you competantly unloaded and manipulated bottom feeders before you met me! You didn't even OWN one before I got you into competitions! :laugh:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    How can a emt take your weapon if they dont have a permit?
    Great question! What if you are hurt in the parking lot of a school and the EMT handles your pistol (gun, that is:D .) He/she would be in possession of a handgun without a license and also in possession on school grounds. What if, before becoming an EMT he had a felony conviction? This could get worse and worse.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I don't honestly believe that you competantly unloaded and manipulated bottom feeders before you met me! You didn't even OWN one before I got you into competitions! :laugh:

That is true. My experience with bottom loaders was relegated to my grandfather's Mark I and a Baby Browning.:laugh: I shot those quite a bit growing up, but I preferred to shoot his oh so sweet Model 24 (44spc). :drool:

I do have TWO semis now- both M&Ps, as you probably guessed:laugh:

Sbcman, you can't choose your kids but you sure can influence the selection of your son-in-law! What went wrong in this case?:n00b:

:scratch:

My daughter is 7 so it best be a good loooong while before I have to do any son-in-law influencing!:draw:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sbcman, you can't choose your kids but you sure can influence the selection of your son-in-law! What went wrong in this case?:n00b:

:laugh: He DOES admit to knowing me, but only as my Pastor, Friend and IPDA/USPSA competitior...

That is true. My experience with bottom loaders was relegated to my grandfather's Mark I and a Baby Browning.:laugh: I shot those quite a bit growing up, but I preferred to shoot his oh so sweet Model 24 (44spc). :drool:

I do have TWO semis now- both M&Ps, as you probably guessed:laugh:

:scratch:

My daughter is 7 so it best be a good loooong while before I have to do any son-in-law influencing!:draw:

:lmfao:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    My mistake. I don't know where I got the idea that sbcman was your father-in-law. It is a good rumor, though, and one worth adding to and repeating. That is my policy on rumors.

Great policy!:lmfao:

Tiff is a good gal, I'd be proud to have her as a daughter. But, I'm only about 10 years older than her, so the logistics just don't work out:laugh:

Having Ben as a son-in-law though....:n00b: :ugh:

:D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Great policy!:lmfao:

Tiff is a good gal, I'd be proud to have her as a daughter. But, I'm only about 10 years older than her, so the logistics just don't work out:laugh:

Having Ben as a son-in-law though....:n00b: :ugh:

:D
    Yeah, poor Tiffany. I hear she can't wear eye make up because it hurts when she does this :rolleyes:.

All kidding aside, I'm proud to know both of them.

Top Bottom