• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I agree that most of what people think of as militias have bad reputations and maybe not even deserved. However someone like myself who is very busy does not have the time to dedicate to some of the goverment supported reserve groups. However I would like to find a way to be a part of group to help in desperate times for the people of Indiana. Be it natural disaster or red dawn.

join an MSG. if you are in central indiana thats MSG2. TOTALLY NOT AT ALL a militia. just a group of prepared people helping each other out in times of need. you can find info on it here on INGO in the survival threads.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    join an MSG. if you are in central indiana thats MSG2. TOTALLY NOT AT ALL a militia. just a group of prepared people helping each other out in times of need. you can find info on it here on INGO in the survival threads.

What does msg2 stand for, I googled it and all I got back was the basketball.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    What does msg2 stand for, I googled it and all I got back was the basketball.

mutual support group. so people helping people and on and on and on. could be the loss of a job, loss of a car, loss of a house due to fire, tornado, flood, etc. could be the zombie Apocalypse we all dream of :):

lots of knowledge about food preps, storage, security, etc,

we will be having some community events (for new and old members or people just currious). swap meets (i have a saw, will you take a water jug for it? example), camping trips, and everything is FAMILY friendly, so bring your wife and kids. AGAIN .... WE ARE NOT A MILITIA or anything like it. tis is just a network of friends who share the same interest and know the importance of being prepared for ANY emergency no matter how big or small.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    mutual support group. so people helping people and on and on and on. could be the loss of a job, loss of a car, loss of a house due to fire, tornado, flood, etc. could be the zombie Apocalypse we all dream of :):

lots of knowledge about food preps, storage, security, etc,

Any website. If not, how do get more info?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Oh boy, here we go again. This time I am not going to mention that Police Reserves, Indiana Gaurd Reserve, Civil Air Patrol are all great miliitas to belong to.

Militias need to be independent from the government. That way there can be no conflict of interest when they are told to confiscate guns and enforce martial law.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is that what their for? Is there such a thing as a pro-goverment militia?

I suppose, but I can't think of one. I think when you accept money for your services you leave the militia and you become part of a government agency. Your employment comes with the expectation that you will comply with their orders. Historically, people have shown that they will sell out their neighbors and their liberties for a paycheck. All I am saying is that government employees will never replace a real, independent militia. Stereotypes and all.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I suppose, but I can't think of one. I think when you accept money for your services you leave the militia and you become part of a government agency. Your employment comes with the expectation that you will comply with their orders. Historically, people have shown that they will sell out their neighbors and their liberties for a paycheck. All I am saying is that government employees will never replace a real, independent militia. Stereotypes and all.

where have you been? :):

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I have had the misfortune of being associated with the IMC (see wikipedia on the Indiana Militia Corps). I wasted too much time and effort listening to conspiracy theories to last me a life time, instead of doing anything useful.

I have spent 13.5 Years in the National Guard, and believe that my Oath of Enlistment does not have an Expiration Date.
    As posted earlier, we are all the Militia. We just could use some direction to get our acts together.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have had the misfortune of being associated with the IMC (see wikipedia on the Indiana Militia Corps). I wasted too much time and effort listening to conspiracy theories to last me a life time, instead of doing anything useful.

I have spent 13.5 Years in the National Guard, and believe that my Oath of Enlistment does not have an Expiration Date.
    As posted earlier, we are all the Militia. We just could use some direction to get our acts together.

See, that's what I want to avoid. It's sad really, a good "militia", for lack of a better term, could do so much good. Raising public awareness, gun shoots, fundraisers, etc. I could think of 2 or 3 groups that fund it, 2, no problem. Ahhhhhhhhhh, o well. Maybe if I get the time...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

FIRST: :patriot: Thank You for your service from a fellow vet (with much less time served) and now as a citizen. And my thank you REALLY means thank you and isnt just programed words.

SECOND: you are correct! our oath never expires. THANK YOU for also being one of the ones who realizes that and takes it to heart and gives it the Honor it deserves. theres an organization you should look at called Oath Keepers made up of many brothers & sisters who have taken the same oath and realize its importance and meaning. Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic

THIRD: thanks to your username I cant get that damn song riders on the storm out of my head :):

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Oh boy, here we go again. This time I am not going to mention that Police Reserves, Indiana Gaurd Reserve, Civil Air Patrol are all great miliitas to belong to.

Carry on....

However, they are not the militia provided for by the Constitution, and expected by the founding fathers.

The unorganized militia is anyone who is not in the military or national guard.

The "select" or organized militia is made up of those in the national guard.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    To truly wear bdu's, it require's goverment approval.

WHAT????! :noway:

Also, militia is a tanted term these days. Guard or Force would still be correct, and doesn't bring up images of the michigan militia.

No matter what they call themselves, the fact remains that they would be A MILITIA! I'm not sure why a concept which predates the Constitution offends you so. It is provided for by the state and federal Constitution, by Federal Law, and was well understood by those who lived 200 years ago.

If they offend you so, then lobby to amend the federal and state Constitutions. Otherwise, if you don't want to join, don't volunteer.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Wow. The fashion police strike from the most unexpected regions of the internet.

Yeah, can you imagine a bunch of guys doing fire and maneuver drills wearing khaki shorts and polo shirts??? :)::dunno:

They could call themselves the Yuppie Outdoorsman, since anything with the word "militia" is apparently offensive in some quarters.

Top Bottom