• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I've gave a few to guys at work that bought used guns but weren't really gun guys. I have a cable gun lock on my back gate to keep the kids in but if I need to get in or out in a hurry the gate latch can shear it off and I don't have to jump a fence. And if I do need to break that lock guess what? There's a whole box of them under the bench ready to replace it.

I also may have made fake lockout tag out locks to mess with maintenance at work. When I ran the shop I kept one in my locker that I jokingly called "the boot" because if you got called to quality I would lock the whip to your welder like a wheel boot on a car. That was funny until a new guy ruined it for us.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, gun locks are like fruit cake in the firearms world ... everybody gets them, but nobody really wants them ... except maybe a very few fruit cakes.
    That's only because you don't make your own fruit cake...everyone want's the ones I make and I can't keep them on hand even though they last for a long time.

Gun locks on the other hand are like commercial fruit cake; made of cheap ingredients and serve no purpose.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I use the better made ones to lock my trail camera cases. The cheaper ones get used to lock other random stuff of less importance.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I leave them in the original box the firearm came in.
    I'm a firm believer in keeping everything that it was shipped with. When I pass on those in my family who get my firearms have everything it originally came with.
    I tend to do the same thing. No need to even pull them from the gun box. I remove the gun and mags, and everything else just stays where it was.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i have a few brand new ones stashed in an old briefcase i use for my extra chamber flags and misc gun related stickers and patches

Top Bottom