• ...and so much more!
  • New AR caliber?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I voted bacon in the poll, but legitimately, I would look into a .308Win or .338 Lapua. Go big or go home. This, of course, assumes you bought an AR-10 lower and not an AR-15 lower.

Edit: Just looked up the dimensions on the Lapua round. … nevermind.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Personally, I would keep any AR style rifle for defense and in general shooting. If I were going to hunt deer, I would buy a specific rifle for that. Whatever you do with your AR caliber quest, if you are going to use it for deer hunting, make sure whatever caliber you go with fits within the parameters of overall cartridge length and type.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Yes its an AR-15 lower. Ive been thinking 300 Blk pistol with the sig brace. Anyone know if theres any regulation on pistol buffer tube length? Are they the same length as a adjustable tube?

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I voted bacon in the poll, but legitimately, I would look into a .308Win or .338 Lapua. Go big or go home. This, of course, assumes you bought an AR-10 lower and not an AR-15 lower.

Edit: Just looked up the dimensions on the Lapua round. … nevermind.

Bacon and 300 Blk are tied. never can go wrong with bacon! Can bacon grease be used as gun lube? LOL

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Cant link but regs are 4 inch barrel minimum, 243 cal or larger, case length min is 1.16 inches, no fmj bullets, can have up to 18 inch barrel but not designed to be fired from the shoulder. Straight from the DNR handbook.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    6.8 is a phenomenal round... except you can't find it a lot of times. Supposedly its gonna make a come back.. but we shall see
    A few months back I picked up some Federal MSR 115 grain 6.8 from Wal Mart. They had probably 20 boxes at the time.

Top Bottom