What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Watch NCIS yet?

You might try giving Castle more of a try. It was good for a long time. I don't really remember the early shows though.
    I have the same issue that Snapdragon has, except it's my wife in my case. I have to watch shows that she can stomach, lol.

We watched NCIS and we thought Castle was good but as the season's went on, the side plots got a little too much.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All Quiet On The Western Front on Netflix. Set during WWI. While a good movie, its a bit of a downer. If you are looking for pick me up, feel good kinda movie. . . . this is not it. It makes Saving Private Ryan look like a comedy.
    A bit of a downer?

That scene in the muff crater where he stabs a man... Oof.

My wife came home near the end and was trying to have a conversation with me. I could only stammer out, "can't. .. talk... Movie... Much wow."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have the same issue that Snapdragon has, except it's my wife in my case. I have to watch shows that she can stomach, lol.

We watched NCIS and we thought Castle was good but as the season's went on, the side plots got a little too much.
    They got caught in the trying to one up the previous season with the main storyline. The story for each episode was usually pretty good if you could ignore the nonsense in the main story.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Castle was good.
    NCIS was great until around season 17.
    On the last season of the Practice, wife is liking it.

I will be happy if someone streams JAG.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Castle was good.
    NCIS was great until around season 17.
    On the last season of the Practice, wife is liking it.

I will be happy if someone streams JAG.
    By just finishing Boston Legal, do you think we would like The Practice? Boston Legal was a sequel of sorts to The Practice though I'm not sure if any of the characters crossed over.

We liked the courtroom scenes and humor in Boston Legal.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    By just finishing Boston Legal, do you think we would like The Practice? Boston Legal was a sequel of sorts to The Practice though I'm not sure if any of the characters crossed over.

Shatner and Spader were really good in it.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    We tried to watch Will Trent, but it was too much for us (Mom). Still looking for something crime-related but not violent. We're on our third go-round of all seasons of Monk, and we're enjoying White Collar. Tried Castle, but it didn't hold our attention. We've actually gone back to Matlock and Murder She Wrote, because they are pre-gore.

Wouldn't mind a plain drama or two either. We watched This is Us and enjoyed it, but not enough to watch it again when we know how the series ends.
    Have you watched the TV Series, "Chuck"? I think that it was originally on NBC, now streaming on Prime and HBO MAX. Very mild violence and zero gore, actually more laughs than punches. My wife, who has little tolerance for any violence at all absolutely loved the show, binging all 5 seasons in a few days while we were "flattening the curve". The chemistry between the leads (Zachary Levy and the wonderful Yvonne Strzechowski) is fun to watch.
    Screenshot_20230120_232544_Firefox.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Have you watched the TV Series, "Chuck"? I think that it was originally on NBC, now streaming on Prime and HBO MAX. Very mild violence and zero gore, actually more laughs than punches. My wife, who has little tolerance for any violence at all absolutely loved the show, binging all 5 seasons in a few days while we were "flattening the curve". The chemistry between the leads (Zachary Levy and the wonderful Yvonne Strzechowski) is fun to watch.
    View attachment 249554
    I used to watch it on my PC. It's a possibility. I'll take a look at it again.

Tried episode 2 of Castle tonight. Haven't watched it since before we started watching the Rookie. Didn't realize it was the same guy. Last night we watched Castle and The Rookie back to back.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Spader is just as good in The Blacklist.
    Watched the pilot episode last night. I liked it. My wife is not sure if she can handle the gore but she's up to giving it our requisite 3 episodes before we nix a show.

He is good and similar in mannerisms to his character in Boston Legal. But I suppose most actors have a core style.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Captain Kidd 1945

Captain Kidd is a 1945 American adventure film starring Charles Laughton, Randolph Scott and Barbara Britton.[1] It was directed by Rowland V. Lee, his last before he retired,[2] and produced by Benedict Bogeaus and James Nasser. The music was conducted by Werner Janssen. The film was released by United Artists. It has entered the public domain because the producers neglected to renew the copyright in 1972. In his memoirs, Nikita Khrushchev noted that this was one of Joseph Stalin's favourite films, and that Stalin identified with the mischievous captain.

1674539423043.png

Epoxyfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    New Albany

Boston Legal is great, if entirely divorced from reality. The zany humor and insanity of Spader and Shatner is gold.. I've been super heavy into watching Suits on Peacock lately, a bit less humor but super tight dialogue in a similar setting.

As a general recommendation, I've been watching a fair amount of Cheers as my background show. I hated the Sam/Diane together portion but the show overall is good and I love Coach's dialogue too much.

Top Bottom