What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    New series on HBOmax called The Nevers. Victorian England, kinda steam punk, kinda scifi. Created and written by Joss Whedon.

New episodes every Sunday, two out and I like it so far.

I like it so far.

I also watched the first episode of Mare of Eastown (also on HBOmax) and thought it was quite good.

Watched Synchronic on Netflix and it was OK. The concept was interesting and it was watchable, but it really didn't have that little extra that would have made it really good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know the History Channel put some crap out, but in the beginning, they had some good stuff.
    YouTube has it, if you type in History Channel Battle 360.
    WWII Pacific naval campaign.
    1 hour episodes, including interviews with WWII vets.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    We watched " Last Full Measure" last night.
    Tore me up......about only one of three enlisted air force soldier who won the Medal of Honor.
    God Bless Airman Pitsenbarger!
    I really enjoyed that as well. I thought it was interesting that Peter Fonda was in it, playing a Vietnam vet in a movie that was a tribute to Vietnam vets. I wonder if there is a back-story there?

The Air Force museum has a nice display dedicated to Pitsenbarger.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Coyote was pretty good. But i've always like Michael Chiklis since watching Shield. Think it's on Paramount, but Pluto.tv had it airing a few weeks back. came out in Jan, and is only 6 episodes in season 1.
    The IMDB

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    These may have already been mentioned, but I just binged "Patriot" on Amazon prime. I had almost watched it several times, but passed because I thought it was something totally different. It is hilarious. Very funny and a little sad, but really very funny. The dad from "that 70s show" really shines and has some great scenes. Good mix of comedy and action. There is some nudity that would upset some folks.

I also just watched "Frank of Ireland" on Amazon prime. That show is more slapstick than Patriot, but really funny too. There is a scene where one of the main characters gets choked out that made me laugh harder than anything I have seen in a few years.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    American Carol, with Leslie Nielson.

It's "Christmas Carol" except the Scrooge is Michael Moore, and he gets visited by ghosts to change him.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just finished the last episode of Halston on Netflix. Very graphic with lots of debauchery and drug abuse. Wife giggled through all the graphic manlove scenes. Showcased the excess and petty vanity of the NY 80's. Presented in a five episode story. How those people survived beyond their 40's is amazing? We both liked it.

Top Bottom