What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Amazon prime has had MI Dead Reckoning Part 1 for quite a while, but it was for sale, not for rent or free. It started out at $26, then it went down to 19 or 20, and last night I noticed it was down to 5.99 to rent. Or buy for $12.99.

Wife and I thought that was more reasonable so we watched it, and it was a good solid Tom Cruise mission impossible movie. It’s sort of like James Bond now, you know what he’s gonna do and roughly the manner in which he’s gonna do it, so now the bar to hurdle is can he do it as well as he did last time?

I’m not going to give any spoilers away, so all I’m gonna say is that I was surprised to find a Middle East airbase was very briefly featured, at which I once spent a very hot and humid summer, sleeping in a tent.

OK it was an Air Force tent, which means it was air conditioned, but it was, in fact, a tent. Since the air conditioner was sitting right outside the tent, it probably contributed to my 10% hearing disability rating.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Amazon prime has had MI Dead Reckoning Part 1 for quite a while, but it was for sale, not for rent or free. It started out at $26, then it went down to 19 or 20, and last night I noticed it was down to 5.99 to rent. Or buy for $12.99.

Wife and I thought that was more reasonable so we watched it, and it was a good solid Tom Cruise mission impossible movie. It’s sort of like James Bond now, you know what he’s gonna do and roughly the manner in which he’s gonna do it, so now the bar to hurdle is can he do it as well as he did last time?

I’m not going to give any spoilers away, so all I’m gonna say is that I was surprised to find a Middle East airbase was very briefly featured, at which I once spent a very hot and humid summer, sleeping in a tent.

OK it was an Air Force tent, which means it was air conditioned, but it was, in fact, a tent. Since the air conditioner was sitting right outside the tent, it probably contributed to my 10% hearing disability rating.
    Part1?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I can't really find anything new I want to watch, so rewatching shows I liked. I got done with the first season of Altered Carbon (won't bother watching the 2nd again) and just started the Expanse again. it;s been long enough that I kind of forgot a lot of what happened in bot shows, which makes it kind of nice. Both are amazing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wish we'd get some good action or thriller shows. Where is Taylor Sheridan, when you need him? ****ing hollywood unions striking... :xmad:

I've been watching The fall of House of Usher. It's chocked full of intriguing stuff with very good acting, but I'm not big on horror. I like realistic.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I can't really find anything new I want to watch, so rewatching shows I liked. I got done with the first season of Altered Carbon (won't bother watching the 2nd again) and just started the Expanse again. it;s been long enough that I kind of forgot a lot of what happened in bot shows, which makes it kind of nice. Both are amazing.
    Have you watched The Leftovers. Very good supernatural mystery.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think I'm just too picky, but it seems as though most of the HBO series that I've watched in recent years start strong and turn stupid. Often hard to get through to the end of the series. Great actors, plots that go bazaar directions. :xmad:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think I'm just too picky, but it seems as though most of the HBO series that I've watched in recent years start strong and turn stupid. Often hard to get through to the end of the series. Great actors, plots that go bazaar directions. :xmad:
    I really liked True Detective, The Leftovers and Barry on HBO. Have you tried them?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had my AppleTV+ turned off yesterday. The price doubled to $10/month in just a year or so. They didn’t have too much content that I was interested in. Foundation was about it.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Watched Washington's Armour last nite. Follows the book I recently read called young Washington by Stark.
    Supposed to be a three part series but only the first one is complete. Stops at the attack on Ft Necessity .
    I was glad to see they brought a little known figure to light...Christopher Gist.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I see promos for Fargo season 5 starting tonight. I've never watched the series, but I'm a fan of Juno Temple, one of the leads this season.

Top Bottom