What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    7500 on Amazon Prime turned out to be a very good movie. An airplane hi-jacking filmed primarily in the pilot's cabin. Joseph Gordon-Levitt did an excellent job....even though I was screaming at the TV on occasion.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ah, I just found how to cancel. I'll wait until my order arrives and then cancel.

I will definitely be canceling. I placed my order on Wednesday (June 17), signed up for the free trial of Prime to get free 2 day shipping. Well, here it is June 21st, and no order. Just got an email saying that now the estimated delivery is Thursday, June 25th. So, why did I sign up for this again? :n00b: I guess free late delivery is better than "not free" late delivery, but yeah, not feeling the advantage. :dunno:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I will definitely be canceling. I placed my order on Wednesday (June 17), signed up for the free trial of Prime to get free 2 day shipping. Well, here it is June 21st, and no order. Just got an email saying that now the estimated delivery is Thursday, June 25th. So, why did I sign up for this again? :n00b: I guess free late delivery is better than "not free" late delivery, but yeah, not feeling the advantage. :dunno:

So you can watch The Expanse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you can watch The Expanse.

Nah, I haven't heard of anything that piques my interest. I'm not much of a movie or series watcher. I guess my attention span is too short. :): I canceled both the order and the free trial today. Found the item locally for about a dollar cheaper anyhow.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This thread should be right up your alley then.

giphy.webp

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guess what's on tonight? ;)

[video=youtube;WzhRZngUlnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzhRZngUlnA&list=PLXHYRRbRCwu6z7HGdijLB4Kx fheG1IgXx&index=8&t=0s[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What kind of stuff do you like to watch, DD? Documentary/history stuff? Sci-fi? Bollywood?

Mostly sitcoms, some stuff on History Channel (Counting Cars, American Pickers, Swamp People, stuff like that). Some stuff on Animal Planet. Pretty mindless stuff. :): I'm usually doing other stuff while I'm watching tv, so it's more like background noise that I don't have to pay too close attention to.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A bit different, but it's certainly a series.

There's a youtube channel called "The Great War". They have a series where they cover WWI in weekly videos, as though it's happening at the time. They go week-by-week in every episode, covering the details of it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A

Well apparently they started doing WW2 sometime last year! So there's a new channel for that:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP1AejCL4DA7jYkZAELRhHQ/videos

Videos slightly out of order, check the playlists if you're interested. They "improved" episode 1-14 with better diagrams and maps.

So yeah, I'll be watching this for a while.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The Death of Stalin and Mr. Jones are both available on Amazon Video streaming now.

The Death of Stalin is a satiric look at the machinations of the Soviet leadership when Stalin croaked. Amazingly it is apparently not...sympathetic to them.

Mr. Jones is about Gareth Jones' reporting on the massive starvation due to communist policies in the Soviet Union of the 1930s in marked contrast to Walter Duranty, who produced reportage denying this despite knowing otherwise. and

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Death of Stalin and Mr. Jones are both available on Amazon Video streaming now.

The Death of Stalin is a satiric look at the machinations of the Soviet leadership when Stalin croaked. Amazingly it is apparently not...sympathetic to them.

Mr. Jones is about Gareth Jones' reporting on the massive starvation due to communist policies in the Soviet Union of the 1930s in marked contrast to Walter Duranty, who produced reportage denying this despite knowing otherwise. and

The Death of Stalin is wonderful - if only because of so many good actors enjoying themselves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom