What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    If you take the time to do a little research you will find anything ever made tv and movies can be streamed right to your tv for free via an app!
    So I hear
    Yes, i have an android streaming box loaded eith apps as well as a modded Firestick.
    You are right that everyone is trying to invade the streaming space and that will be the eventuality.
    With the emergence of 5g the cell carriers are looking to move into in home broadband to compete with the likes of comcast/time warner/etc. Dish network is building out a 5g network for the same thing. Along with a wide band network for IoT. So while this all is ramping up the isolation of steaming services will also.
    So as you are being sold into believing youre going to save so much money, youll be spending more.

Sent from my burner phone using Tapatalk!

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    So as you are being sold into believing youre going to save so much money, youll be spending

Exactly, What you save by cancelling a single cable package, you end up paying the same amount over "x" amount of streaming services. There is no winning here...unless you like...read books and stuff....

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Exactly, What you save by cancelling a single cable package, you end up paying the same amount over "x" amount of streaming services. There is no winning here...unless you like...read books and stuff....
    Uh book? I remember those things! Haha.
    The apps i use(and others use) now may not be available in a year or 6 months but as it has gone and will go, it'll evolve into something else where we will try what we can to get access for free (or free-ish).
    People have been trying to get cable and pay per view, etc for free forever. That wont stop.

Sent from my burner phone using Tapatalk!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Punisher season 1 was better than Punisher season 2 imo. S2E1 was wild! I think it's still worth a watch but the gun play authenticity declined in S2.

The Expanse was interesting and I'll d/l the new season from Amazon prime to watch on the next long plane ride.

I'm still waiting for the next season of Dark Matter. Another decent sci-fi space adventure.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Punisher season 1 was better than Punisher season 2 imo. S2E1 was wild! I think it's still worth a watch but the gun play authenticity declined in S2.

I agree, the first episode of season 2 was action packed... but I only watched maybe 4 episodes of season 2 because it just didn't hook me.

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    I picked up a roku a couple of days ago. Already have Netflix, and there were some decent free apps available as well.
    What's good for local and current shows?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Anyone watched Hell On Wheels?

MM

It was pretty good until the last season. The last season was fine, I guess, but it was by far the worst.

I enjoyed it. The first couple seasons are definitely binge worthy for a couple cold weekends. Last season was approaching Jump the Shark status. Spoiler alert, could be because they finished the railroad.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wife and I still watching The Sopranos (her first time).

Tonight, I'm re-watching Reservoir Dogs. I think tomorrow night is going to be a Boondock Saints night.

Anyone watched Hell On Wheels?

MM

Watched it a few times now. Just finished a rewatch last month. It's entertaining, enjoyable. I usually hit it every year or so.

I've got a big list of yearly stuff I watch: Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, Breaking Bad, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, The Venture Bros, Deadwood, Firefly, The Office....

The list is a lot longer, but right now I can't remember them all... and this doesn't include all the anime.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I just finished a Netflix series called The Protector. It's a Turkish comic-bookish series. It's all in Turkish and subtitled in English.

Pretty good, actually. Basic premise is that an ordinary guy finds out that he's not so ordinary after all - and then goes on to figure out that he needs to save Istanbul from some immortal bad dudes.

Not GREAT - but, honestly, I think it was better done than some American comic-bookish shows like Black Lightning, Arrow, The Flash, etc. No, it's not up to some of the Marvel shows - but not a lot is considering Marve's budget.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It looks like legendary Texas Ranger Frank Hamer is getting his due on film...This looks awesome.....Lot's of cool guns....

[video=youtube;aH6vC-BBKOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH6vC-BBKOc[/video]

220px-FrankHamerEarly1920s.jpg
    The-Men-Who-Killed-Bonnie-and-Clyde.jpg
    frank-hamer-tales-sheriff-jim-wilson-LO-600x450.jpg
    detail_1212_obs_hamer.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member