What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Arturo Fuentes Chateau Double Maduro, inexpensive with good flavor $10-14 a stick depending on where you buy them.

My go to "cheap" cigars are Liga Privada #9's (~$15) and Padron 3000 (~$10) series of cigars. Though I do not smoke cigars often so I generally keep nicer stuff on hand like yellow label cohibas and Opus X's

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I too have been reducing my count.... It's a lot easier to do when it's below zero outside. When the summer is here, or especially the fall, keeping the count down is a bit more challenging!

Whenever I can find them at a "decent" price, the selection of choice is Padron 7000 Maduro. I've tried a wide variety, but this is the one I always end up keeping an eye out for.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My go to "cheap" cigars are Liga Privada #9's (~$15) and Padron 3000 (~$10) series of cigars. Though I do not smoke cigars often so I generally keep nicer stuff on hand like yellow label cohibas and Opus X's
    Sent you a text!;)Since I couldn’t get the pics to post!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Lighting the fire on some McClelland Brindle Flake. It's a partially rubbed flake of different Virginias, all flue cured. I highly recommend it to a Virginia smoker or one who likes to mix things up a bit and wants a really good selection. McClelland is very selective, and I'm always pleased with the quality of their tobacco.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    Lighting the fire on some McClelland Brindle Flake. It's a partially rubbed flake of different Virginias, all flue cured. I highly recommend it to a Virginia smoker or one who likes to mix things up a bit and wants a really good selection. McClelland is very selective, and I'm always pleased with the quality of their tobacco.

I second that! By far my favorite blend even though the red Virginia has disappeared. Glad I hoarded while I could!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I second that! By far my favorite blend even though the red Virginia has disappeared. Glad I hoarded while I could!

Yeah, talk about sad news. The upside is that the tinned blends are safe for now, but the bulk stuff is disappearing fast. But I don't know how much longer the tinned stuff will still be made. Glad you're stocked up!

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    Yeah, talk about sad news. The upside is that the tinned blends are safe for now, but the bulk stuff is disappearing fast. But I don't know how much longer the tinned stuff will still be made. Glad you're stocked up!

I had a warning and bought as much 40th Anniversary as I could. I wonder what it means for McCraney’s Red Ribbon since it’s long been speculated that McClelland blended it. Hopefully the Ratray blends will still be around for my red Virginia fix!

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    Mmmm. I’ve been smoking Da Vinci (aged in Chianti barrels) in my new Caminetto. What a great snow day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A while back, I won an auction on Cigarbid.com. I got 10 CAO flavored Moontrace shipped for $11. So I'm out in the garage having one. Not bad at all. The flavor is very light, maybe a hint of vanilla. For a buck, I think I did ok.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    So what's a good pipe? Leisurely speaking of course.

It all depends on a few things. If you have some money to spend and want something really really quality my friend Wayne Teipen (who lives in Indiana and is a gun owner - endearing) hand makes pipes that smoke like nothing I’ve ever seen. It all really comes down to the engineering of the airways. How much info do you want on this before I go down the rabbit hole? If you don’t want too much info, let me know your price range and I can make some recommendations...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So what's a good pipe? Leisurely speaking of course.

I have some decent briars, but I smoke a cob more than anything. They really do deliver a clean smoke that is true to the flavor of the tobacco. Missouri Meerschaum is a great American company, and you can pick one up for $15 or less.

They don't beat the aesthetic of a nice briar, but they do smoke well.

Happy International Pipe Smoking Day!

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It all depends on a few things. If you have some money to spend and want something really really quality my friend Wayne Teipen (who lives in Indiana and is a gun owner - endearing) hand makes pipes that smoke like nothing I’ve ever seen. It all really comes down to the engineering of the airways. How much info do you want on this before I go down the rabbit hole? If you don’t want too much info, let me know your price range and I can make some recommendations...

You have my attention....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom