Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ouch. That seemed "angry". Couldn't do it. Felt the same way about most of Staind's music, except for "It's Been Awhile". I like (and play and sing) that one. The rest of the stuff on that album made me want to kick a puppy.

ETA: I know that wasn't Staind. Just using them as an analogy.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    "I don't air drum, my stuff is real. I can give you an address if you want to witness such acts."

Finally saw this! Oh no sir I didn't mean to imply that YOU were an air drummer! I have no doubt that you're the real thing, and I'd love to hear you play some time!

I've always thought that it was kind of a "man thing" to "air drum" the solo from In a Gada Davida! I myself am very much an air drummer. I've sat behind a kit before, and I just go blank.
    It can be very intense, and it is. I started drumming in 1972, with my AM radio, and a wall in my bedroom. My parents were ready to kill me. Gave me a trumpet, and said learn this. Took me another 45 yrs to give it another go, this time on an 18 pc Ludwig.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It can be very intense, and it is. I started drumming in 1972, with my AM radio, and a wall in my bedroom. My parents were ready to kill me. Gave me a trumpet, and said learn this. Took me another 45 yrs to give it another go, this time on an 18 pc Ludwig.

My brother from a different mother! When I finally got to the grade where you get to join "the band", I wanted to play trumpet. They told me I had an overbite and trumpet wouldn't be good for me, so they gave me a baritone and made the bs excuse that since the mouthpiece was bigger, it would be better. Truth of the matter was, they had a shortage of baritone players. I mean, who wants to play the baritone? :):

After playing baritone for a year, I managed to switch to trumpet up until my junior year in high school, both in the band and in the orchestra. I then switched to French Horn because I got tired of the senior French Horn players sitting in front of me screwing up easy, but crucial horn parts. I once asked one of them if I could try it on their horn, and I nailed it. I wish I could remember the name of the piece we were trying to play. But that was 42 years ago.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    My brother from a different mother! When I finally got to the grade where you get to join "the band", I wanted to play trumpet. They told me I had an overbite and trumpet wouldn't be good for me, so they gave me a baritone and made the bs excuse that since the mouthpiece was bigger, it would be better. Truth of the matter was, they had a shortage of baritone players. I mean, who wants to play the baritone? :):

After playing baritone for a year, I managed to switch to trumpet up until my junior year in high school, both in the band and in the orchestra. I then switched to French Horn because I got tired of the senior French Horn players sitting in front of me screwing up easy, but crucial horn parts. I once asked one of them if I could try it on their horn, and I nailed it. I wish I could remember the name of the piece we were trying to play. But that was 42 years ago.
    Thats funny, I switched to French horn my freshman yr. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom