• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    A buddy of mine and I braved the cold this morning. Nice hamilton county hunt ending with a 2 man limit of mallards. We were back in the truck by 9:16am and listening to the Bob & Tom show on the way home. We drank the coffee from our thermos' on the way home because we didn't have time during the fast-paced hunt! Here's a picture of 5 Greens and 3 suzies.

IMG_0943.jpg

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    By chance floating/jump shooting near Strawtown? Upstream from the low-head dam on White River?

...You have my respect, just to brave the c o l d!!

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    NE Geist was stupid with birds the past few mornings. 15 minute limits. Man, I love bird hunting!

There are about 15000 birds north of the marina right now.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    NE Geist was stupid with birds the past few mornings. 15 minute limits. Man, I love bird hunting!

There are about 15000 birds north of the marina right now.

Geist is CLOSED to hunting as of this year, correct? Are you just saying you have been seeing them there, or have you been whacking 'em out there?!? :drill:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    We're hunting corn in layout blinds less than a mile from the north marsh, the open water is covered in waterfowl.

I hadn't heard or seen anything on Geist being closed, nothing at the ramps either. What have you heard, and where did you hear it?

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    We're hunting corn in layout blinds less than a mile from the north marsh, the open water is covered in waterfowl.

I hadn't heard or seen anything on Geist being closed, nothing at the ramps either. What have you heard, and where did you hear it?

When the town of Fishers annexed the last time, the area surrounded the lake (obviously just Hamilton county). Now, hunters must respect the town of Fishers ordinace of not discharging firearms. I find it BS, others see it as a grey area. Marion county has been done for a couple of years.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    No, they don't own the lake, and can't control hunts on the water. There were guys on the island this past weekend, and a boat trailer was in the parking lot at Geist park at dusk, full of decoys and gear.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    +1 for the canoe on top the escalade in Hamilton County! Didnt know there were any rednecks outside of Arcadia, Cicero and Sheridan! Sweet! Good lookin birds!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    A buddy of mine and I braved the cold this morning. Nice hamilton county hunt ending with a 2 man limit of mallards. We were back in the truck by 9:16am and listening to the Bob & Tom show on the way home. We drank the coffee from our thermos' on the way home because we didn't have time during the fast-paced hunt! Here's a picture of 5 Greens and 3 suzies.

IMG_0943.jpg

Did your 'buddy' in the lower right corner of the photo help? Nice Job ..!!!!

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Cool, I've got an old town predator that is allegedly shotgun friendly. I've never tried firing from the kayak. What's it like in yours?

I do like the fancy custom paint!

It's a handfull. You have to shoot straight ahead, you don't want to take a passing shot where you are sweeping. You could go over the side at that point.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Kayak shmyak....HAHA I do see the tires now! NICE Momma make you wash it when you were done? Or did it never leave the pavement? Damn those nice SUV's, you end up walking more than you drive! again, nice winged food!

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Ah, it's a nice GM. It was a lot nicer before I owned it. It now has 146K miles on it and I hope I can get 200K without losing anything catastrophic.

AWD with the BFG A/Ts makes it a blast to drive in the snow - bring it on!

Top Bottom