Wha? NEW Remington R51 in 9mm +P chambering?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    This^^ is what I was thinking. When I looked at it for a minute it also looked like the rear sight is on backwards. I will stick to SIG's M&P's and revolvers.

Think I'll need to see this in person. The completely rounded back edges of the sight and slide appeal for comfort in my *ahem* handle area when carrying IWB, but the shelf on the front of the rear sight would allow for racking the slide with one hand if necessary...

If the sight picture is good, I think it's a novel approach.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I'm still slightly new to all this. What do you mean that sight is mounted backwards? They look like normal sights to me, but again, I don't know lol. I would like to know what you mean.

Hmm.

Oh wait, I already said that in another thread.

Well, I wish they hadn't mounted the sight backwards for "style". I get that they are marketing that as "snag free" but seriously; give up an inch of sight radius on that small of a pistol just for (somewhat questionable) looks?

The price is right. Guess we'll see how it goes.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Kinda "Walther..esque" reminding me of the early models. I like the looks too. It does look "concealable" as well. The grip worries me as far as my hand fit goes. Other than that it's not a 1911 it might strip me of some of my $$. Not a lot though. I do have a tendency to acquire what I don't have.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It's a VP70!
    paladin85020-albums-interesting-non-s-w-handguns-picture5557-heckler-koch-9mm-vp70-z-arguably-first-successful-pistol-design-polymer-frame-one-dates-1981-full-auto-variant-design-accepted-shoulder-stock-when-attached-enabled-3-round-bursts-these-were-striker-fired-double-action-only-unlocked-pure-blowback-pistols-relied-heavy-slide-spring-keep-breech-closed-when-fired.jpg

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Does it comevwith a buck Rodgers holster, hat and cartridge belt as a kit option? The price is great but I am not digging the lines of this gun. its just plain ugly... YMMV

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    OK, in that video it looks much better in black. I usually like stainless slide firearms, but the first photos looked pretty ugly to me anyway. Have to see it in person I suppose.

EDIT - Holy smoke, looking closer now I realize that the "stainless" was just ridiculous reflection in a CAD rendering lol. That's a little too much reflection, but whatever. I consider myself interested in this now after watching and reading some more about it. I could see myself carrying it st some point, I just hope it proves reliable. Some nice grip panels would help it too...

Last edited:

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    O don't worry all it will soon be available for sale in the indo classifieds for more than MSRP. Opps did I say that out loud?

I'm sure many will rush out to be the first on their block to get one. Shoot 2 mag loads thru it than sell it. Maybe a year from now it will be on sale at the Rural King for $299.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Always cool to see that gun designers are always thinking and coming out with new products! Some are a hit and some a miss and everyone likes something different. I say keep em' coming!
    I agree. Not exactly my cup-o-tea but I would like to see one in person. Reasonable price, too.

Top Bottom