We've had what's wrong with the kids, now what's wrong with the seniors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Seniors have very little if anything to lose. He's not going to care if he's sentenced to life in prison or given a death sentence...at 72 he already likely outlived the average life span.

Cross a senior and standby, you may be in for real trouble.

Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    Seniors have very little if anything to lose. He's not going to care if he's sentenced to life in prison or given a death sentence...at 72 he already likely outlived the average life span.

Life's over at 72? You know a different breed of men than I do. I know a few who are old at 45, and others who are just hitting their stride at 70.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I'm figuring you may think a bit differently when you're 72. I'm not thinking many folks are wanting to spend their twilight years in prison.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I'm figuring you may think a bit differently when you're 72. I'm not thinking many folks are wanting to spend their twilight years in prison.

To quote Roy Batty in the final scene of Blade Runner "I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion". "I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate". "All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in the rain. Time... to die..."

BBI, I guess all I'm trying to say is this. If the offense is egregious enough, and the perp is truly a bane to human existence, and the time leading into the 'twilight' years has been well spent living life fully, then the senior may have no qualms spending what time they have left with restricted freedoms and three hots and a cot.

I would not screw around with a 'seasoned citizen'.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    According to my criminal justice C101 textbook, a spree is killings that occur.in two or more locations with almost no time break between murders.

While mass murder is 4 or more at a single time in a single place.

And serial killers, kill people over time during 3 or more separate events.

It also says that firearms were used in 67.1% of all murders in 2009, and handguns outnumbered shotguns by 15:1 in rhose murders. And rifles used almost as often as shotguns. 13% for knives, and the remaining for poison, explosives, blunt objects, and beatings.

Right now I am taking cultural awareness in criminal justice. I get to learn about being sensitive and the problems with racial profiling, and what states have the most minorities. Woohoo!

Last edited:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Maybe the guy just wanted to sidestep the whole Obamacare issue? Free medical care, no worries about retirement funds running out while bills pile up, and a chance to catch up on all that reading he never got around to doing--what a deal!!

Apply purple as desired.

Top Bottom