• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Driving up 135 in greenwood around 10:25a. The lane next to us had an explosion of dollars as a wallet hit the ground and was run over. At least 20 different bills began blowing around. We couldn't stop due to timing issues but hopefully an upstanding person does.

Don't put your wallet on the roof of
    Your car!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Best thing I ever got to see like that was someone had mounted a dresser badly on a trailer; a drawer opened and panties were blowing out onto the highway.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Saw a roll of steel come off a semi bounced over a car and land in a ditch on the Indiana tool road. Didnt know steel could bounce

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Years ago I sent a wallet found on the on-ramp to I65 back to it's owner. I was well rewarded.

This is the second one I've seen on the road in 6 months and third in 18. THe first was my neighbors and another rooftop complication. I drove for a month with a 3" binder wedged under our roof rack. We looked "everywhere" for it, or so we thought :)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Back in the late 80s, I witnessed some junk cars come off a trailer on North bound 65 in Louisville, they went into the South bound lane, striking numerous cars, killing at least 3 people, I'm thinking even more might have died. It was horrific thing to watch unfold. I had uncontrollable shakes for a few days after that, and still vividly recall it every time I drive through there. I know this post is about a wallet, and it is kinda funny, in a funny sorta way, but if I see somebody hauling an unsecured load, I'll usually call the cops.

Sorry for the thread jack, I'll go away now.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Mine always seems to be a soda when i set it on top of the van to get the kiddos. Wallet never leaves my pocket for longer than to pay. :)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Marvin D. Love freeway just south of Dallas is three lanes wide, no shoulder, concrete barriers on both sides right as it approaches Kiest ave. Traffic is bumper to bumper pretty much all day. In the evening it is bumper to bumper at 70mph. One evening a couch fell out of a truck and more than 40 cars were in a pile up, including three that were upside down in my apartment parking lot. Ambulances at tow trucks were busy 1/2 the night. Sorry about the guy losing his wallet, but at least no one was hurt.

PS, as a coffee lover, I really enjoyed willams story about the coffe cup!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    totally made a 21 mile trip (to work) a while back with my morning coffee still on top , got to work and there it was. Some had spilled , but i happily drank it. Will mention that it had gotten cold by then

I have killed more coffee cups than I can count. I clearly remember the last time. Instead of getting mad, I just looked in the side view mirror and said, "That's what you get b...." then laughed manically. (you know "mu- ha ha ha ha). Seemed better than getting frustrated.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Since we are Jackin. I465 between Michigan RD and Meridian St morning rush hour, 12 years ago. Heading east bound doin 65 with traffic. I was in 16k lb work truck running heavy. two dump trucks flew by me hauling RipRap. Less than a truck distance between them. Wreck ahaid!! In my lane the rear one slams into the front one and they lose control. Enter SLOW MOTION. I stand on my brakes in the middle lane, no where to go. Front truck flips on its side. football sized rocks everywhere. Came sliding to a hault 2 inches from the beginning of rock slide!

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Back in the late 80s, I witnessed some junk cars come off a trailer on North bound 65 in Louisville, they went into the South bound lane, striking numerous cars, killing at least 3 people, I'm thinking even more might have died. It was horrific thing to watch unfold. I had uncontrollable shakes for a few days after that, and still vividly recall it every time I drive through there. I know this post is about a wallet, and it is kinda funny, in a funny sorta way, but if I see somebody hauling an unsecured load, I'll usually call the cops.

Sorry for the thread jack, I'll go away now.

I remember that. It was horrific.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I found a wallet in the bathroom at Wal-Mart where I worked in HS. Dropped it in the mail box. Didn't even get a card. My guess is someone had cleaned it out and they thought I did it. O well. Always feels good to do the right thing.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Saw a person walk out of Starbucks with their full $5 cup. Put it on top of their car... Get in and drive off... Cup flew off in about 3 seconds and the driver never stoped.

Was on a service call the other day at a residence and here is a tip.... Don't hide thousands of dollars in a box that the repair guy may have to get into... If a repair guy is coming move that stuff to a shoe box in the closet or something..... The wife standing next to me was quiet surprised and I don't think knew it was there.... Was a very good hiding spot though...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well if we are going to threadjack :D

Heading west on 70 around Harding street, a pickup a few cars lengths in front of us was hauling a LazyBoy recliner in the back. Tailgate down, hits a bump... LazyBoy just slides out of the truck, lands right side up and scoots on down the highway coming to a stop several hundred feet later on the side of the road. Luckily it wasn't rush hour, and nobody had to dodge the un-piloted chair..

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Was on a service call the other day at a residence and here is a tip.... Don't hide thousands of dollars in a box that the repair guy may have to get into... If a repair guy is coming move that stuff to a shoe box in the closet or something......

That's not the box I'm worried about the repairman finding! I keep a decoy
    $2k box laying around so they quit looking :):

Top Bottom