• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Not trying to tell anyone what to do but it looks like you guys are having a little trouble. The thing about losing weight, it sucks. Its difficult or impossible to do for an extended period of time. Consider the weight you need to lose. Think about popular weight loss systems, south beach, weight watches, ect. Your losing 1.5 a week. If you need to lose 50-100 pounds do you have the will power to keep up with a diet for that kind of time? I know I don't. IMO these systems are designed to fail. These diets also drastically limit you intake. Even if your over eating its what your body has become accustom to. Reducing your calories will reduce your metabolism regardless. It takes weeks to overcome this alone. You spend 4 weeks on a diet and 3 pounds think you will continuing torturing yourself? Anyone interested in losing real weight real fast without the assistance of any drugs (other than a multivitamin and bio-oil for to keep your skin tight) PM me....I have the information no one wants you to have. This 105lbs in 19 weeks. The 2nd picture is at the start of week 5.

Come clean. Post up the secret...for realz.

From A to B in 19 weeks? You have my attention........ I'm going to guess you started working out 4-6 hours a day and eating 3 square meals a day with a crystal meth cigarette for dessert....

But my curiosity might get the better of me, PM inbound.....

A.
    5755438300_71e9203051_z.jpg

B.
    5754897995_1c1e5c6978.jpg

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    IndySSD,

If Keyser PMs you back, shoot me a PM and let me know...He probably won't respond to mine.

He might still be mad at me after the Tucson thread. :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm interested in Keyser's answer as well. I never trust things that people won't tell you out in the open though, or describe as "information 'they' don't want you to know." We'll see...

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    IndySSD,

If Keyser PMs you back, shoot me a PM and let me know...He probably won't respond to mine.

He might still be mad at me after the Tucson thread. :D

I'm interested in Keyser's answer as well. I never trust things that people won't tell you out in the open though, or describe as "information 'they' don't want you to know." We'll see...

Well, I'll be honest... there aren't any "new" ways to lose weight.

I'm betting Keyser did it how the folks at "The Biggest Loser" ranch do it..... disproportionate amounts of working out while consuming a highly effective diet.

Pretty much goes for everything.... you want to lose weight?

Get a physician and or trainer/training program that fits your current condition.... eat well.... follow training program for 6-8 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Well, I'll be honest... there aren't any "new" ways to lose weight.

I'm betting Keyser did it how the folks at "The Biggest Loser" ranch do it..... disproportionate amounts of working out while consuming a highly effective diet.

Pretty much goes for everything.... you want to lose weight?

Get a physician and or trainer/training program that fits your current condition.... eat well.... follow training program for 6-8 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Trainers are a waste of money. Working out is mostly a waste of time. The results from the biggest loser are so so.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Trainers are a waste of money. Working out is mostly a waste of time. The results from the biggest loser are so so.

I somewhat agree for the average person that Trainers are a waste...... for those with medical issues I think it can be beneficial, especially for those who have physical restrictions on what type of activities they can perform.

Well, you definitely have my attention, also I sent you a PM stating I'm interested in what you're alluding to.

I'm curious why you're not responding?

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am sure for the low price of 199.95 he'll tell you..

But over here in the land of reality....

Burn more than you consume, is pretty simple.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    plan

Calories in VS calories out may account for 20% if you lose weight or not. I got a lot of PMs so ill just respond here. People who nay say or say that #$ wont work really get off my nerves. Ive helped 6 people lose 30 to 80 pounds with this diet. The only people who came to me and didn't simply did not do it. I am going to give you the information you need but I am not going to get to scientific.

In the late 1920's a doctor was working on a treatment for patients that suffered from seizures but did not respond to medicine. He developed a diet that reduced seizures by 70%. After a couple of years he discovered the % of his patients that were over weight was 0.

Our bodies use two things for fuel Glycose (carbs) and glucose (sugar). When you diet and create a calorie deficit (lets say 500-700 ) your body makes up for this deficit my using carbs and sugar that have no yet been coveted to fat. This makes weight lose very slow (1.5lb a week). You need to program your body to use fat for fuel. Any calorie deficit you create you will be burning stored fat. You will be losing weight at a rate you were told were impossible. Using fat for fuel rather than sugar is refereed to as ketosis. But the USDA tells you thats not how to eat..you need to eat this
    USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif

Well that has not worked. I say you need to eat like this
    He5ZR.jpg

60% of your calories from fats 35% from protein 5% from sugar (carbs)

Eat like this and you will enter a state of ketosis. Hard to figure out the %'s

I'll make it real simple for you. Consume no more than 40g of carbs per day. After 4 days you will be in ketosis. If you want to enter ketosis quickly eat 5g or less for 1 day and at the end of the second day or 1/2 through you will be in ketosis.

Its also important to eat adequate fat. Dont try to be Mr. healthy and go crazy eating chicken and fish. You need steak and greasy cheeseburgers (no bun) for this to work. Sounding a lot like atkins? Think again

Atkins recommends 10g or less per day. Your metabolism slows waaay down. After a few weeks of 40g per day ketosis allows you to bump up to 60 even 80g of carbs.

The cheat day. After 6 days of ketosis eat whatever you want. Dont cont calories or carbs. It was not uncommon for me to consume 5,00-8,000 calories on my cheat day. You will be thrown out of ketosis but after you resume you will re enter a keto state after 24 hours.

Lets talk more about working out. Working out sucks. I hate going to the gym and watching people read books, magazines, drinking coffee. While running on the thread mil. I was working out when I went on this diet. 1 hour 4 days a week. I was squating in the 600's cleaning 315 and benching 410. But I was still out of shape....Why? I had become used to lifting weights. Over the years my body adjusted. I went from spending an hour in the gym to 20 minutes. I stopped weight lifting and started circuit training and hiit cardio. I would still lift weights for 10 minutes. Various body parts. One set of 50 onto the next body part with no rest. I then walked out to the track and drank some water along the way. I jogged the straights and sprinted the corners. I stated off getting in 3 laps in 10 minutes and worked my way up to 7. Those are just some of the things I did. Ive helped other people with this diet. Only one of them even worked out at all. Outside of one who quit after a week they all had great success.

Another awesome thing about this program is time. Who can maintain a strict diet for a whole year? Lets say you need to lose 30lbs. Run this program for a month and then be done with it. Try to watch your eating habits. A lot of people ask me will I gain the weight back. If you eat more than you burn you will. If your putting on to much weight go back on the diet.

Back to the atkins thing i bought some food today lets take a look
    5756009530_c6b54c8141.jpg

I can have all of that on keto lets take a look at what I could have on Atkins
    5755465405_fc6de657ba.jpg

Note you see peanut butter which has 5g carbs per table spoon. May seem like a lot for a table spoon but lets say its 3:30am and I am starving. Instead of raiding the fridge I take a table spoon of peanut butter and it really feels me up. Even if it puts me a tad 40g if I am breaking down its much better than quitting.

Lets talk about eating out ill give you some examples of what I eat when I eat out

Mcdonalds: double quarter pounder no bun. I ask for two grilled chicken breast plain and a side of buffalo sauce.

Steak joint: Nice big steak with a salad and mixed veggies

Burger king: My personal fav a quad stacker with no bun.

Buffalo wild wings: unbreaded wings. I stick with the classic buffalo flavor.

Worried about cholesterol? I had mine checked and it went down. What are some other benefits of this diet?

This is where it gets real crazy. When your body uses fat for fuel it creates a group of chemical by products called ketone bodies. You burn a little fat anyway so you always make these chemicals. When you strictly run off fat for fuel you burn A LOT. Whats so great about these chemicals? They are the PRIMARY source of fuel for your heart and brain. Right now its rumored that this diet may eliminate the risk for Alzheimer's. It increases cardiovascular health over all. It increases mental focus. It has been rumored to increase testosterone production. Its been referred to as the "anabolic diet" amongst body builders for years. I could go on but thats another post in itself.

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I almost forgot..how do you know if your in a state of ketosis. Easy. All drug stores sell ketostix. You need to ask the pharmacist for them. You pee on them and wait for a color change from light to dark. The darker the color the stronger the state of ketosis. Dont worry your either in or your out. Any type of red means you are in ketosis.
    Ketostix.jpg

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Calories in VS calories out may account for 20% if you lose weight or not. I got a lot of PMs so ill just respond here. People who nay say or say that #$ wont work really get off my nerves. Ive helped 6 people lose 30 to 80 pounds with this diet. The only people who came to me and didn't simply did not do it. I am going to give you the information you need but I am not going to get to scientific.

In the late 1920's a doctor was working on a treatment for patients that suffered from seizures but did not respond to medicine. He developed a diet that reduced seizures by 70%. After a couple of years he discovered the % of his patients that were over weight was 0.

Our bodies use two things for fuel Glycose (carbs) and glucose (sugar). When you diet and create a calorie deficit (lets say 500-700 ) your body makes up for this deficit my using carbs and sugar that have no yet been coveted to fat. This makes weight lose very slow (1.5lb a week). You need to program your body to use fat for fuel. Any calorie deficit you create you will be burning stored fat. You will be losing weight at a rate you were told were impossible. Using fat for fuel rather than sugar is refereed to as ketosis. But the USDA tells you thats not how to eat..you need to eat this
    USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif

Well that has not worked. I say you need to eat like this
    He5ZR.jpg

60% of your calories from fats 35% from protein 5% from sugar (carbs)

Eat like this and you will enter a state of ketosis. Hard to figure out the %'s

I'll make it real simple for you. Consume no more than 40g of carbs per day. After 4 days you will be in ketosis. If you want to enter ketosis quickly eat 5g or less for 1 day and at the end of the second day or 1/2 through you will be in ketosis.

Its also important to eat adequate fat. Dont try to be Mr. healthy and go crazy eating chicken and fish. You need steak and greasy cheeseburgers (no bun) for this to work. Sounding a lot like atkins? Think again

Atkins recommends 10g or less per day. Your metabolism slows waaay down. After a few weeks of 40g per day ketosis allows you to bump up to 60 even 80g of carbs.

The cheat day. After 6 days of ketosis eat whatever you want. Dont cont calories or carbs. It was not uncommon for me to consume 5,00-8,000 calories on my cheat day. You will be thrown out of ketosis but after you resume you will re enter a keto state after 24 hours.

Lets me show you why this is different than atkins.

Lets talk more about working out. Working out sucks. I hate going to the gym and watching people read books, magazines, drinking coffee. While running on the thread mil. I was working out when I went on this diet. 1 hour 4 days a week. I was squating in the 600's cleaning 315 and benching 410. But I was still out of shape....Why? I had become used to lifting weights. Over the years my body adjusted. I went from spending an hour in the gym to 20 minutes. I stopped weight lifting and started circuit training and hiit cardio. I would still lift weights for 10 minutes. Various body parts. One set of 50 onto the next body part with no rest. I then walked out to the track and drank some water along the way. I jogged the straights and sprinted the corners. I stated off getting in 3 laps in 10 minutes and worked my way up to 7. Those are just some of the things I did. Ive helped other people with this diet. Only one of them even worked out at all. Outside of one who quit after a week they all had great success.

Another awesome thing about this program is time. Who can maintain a strict diet for a whole year? Lets say you need to lose 30lbs. Run this program for a month and then be done with it. Try to watch your eating habits. A lot of people ask me will I gain the weight back. If you eat more than you burn you will. If your putting on to much weight go back on the diet.

Back to the atkins thing i bought some food today lets take a look
    5756009530_c6b54c8141.jpg

I cam have all of that on keto lets take a look at what I could have on Atkins
    5755465405_fc6de657ba.jpg

Note you see peanut butter which has 5g carbs per table spoon. May seem like a lot for a table spoon but lets say its 3:30am and I am starving. Instead of raiding the fridge I take a table spoon of peanut butter and it really feels me up. Even if it puts me a tad 40g if I am breaking down its much better than quitting.

Lets talk about eating out ill give you some examples of what I eat when I eat out

Mcdonalds: double quarter pounder no bun. I ask for two grilled chicken breast plain and a side of buffalo sauce.

Steak joint: Nice big steak with a salad and mixed veggies

Burger king: My personal fav a quad stacker with no bun.

Buffalo wild wings: unbreaded wings. I stick with the classic buffalo flavor.

Worried about cholesterol? I had mine checked and it went down. What are some other benefits of this diet?

This is where it gets real crazy. When your body uses fat for fuel it creates a group of chemical by products called ketone bodies. You burn a little fat anyway so you always make these chemicals. When you strictly run off fat for fuel you burn A LOT. Whats so great about these chemicals? They are the PRIMARY source of fuel for your heart and brain. Right now its rumored that this diet may eliminate the risk for Alzheimer's. It increases cardiovascular health over all. It increases mental focus. It has been rumored to increase testosterone production. Its been referred to as the "anabolic diet" amongst body builders for years. I could go on but thats another post in itself.

I've heard of this quite a bit before. It takes a CRAPLOAD of self control but this is actually a proven scientific method of losing weight... Kudos for not just getting us all going with no payoff!

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Lots of people for whatever reason need to drink. I occasionally drink about every other weekend. Jackblack and diet coke: 0 carbs. Diet 7-up and vodka 0 carb. Keep in mind although it is 0 carb it does contain sugar alcohol. It will slightly slow results because your body will burn it first before fat. However it burns off at a much faster rate. So relax and have a drink.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I've heard of this quite a bit before. It takes a CRAPLOAD of self control but this is actually a proven scientific method of losing weight... Kudos for not just getting us all going with no payoff!

Southbeach, weight watchers. They all take a lot of self control. You stay on them a loooong time. Your more likely to stick with something for a month rather than 4. Really after the first month its really easy to stick with. You will notice you just feel better and have more energy. The hardest part is the 3rd day when you depleted of glycose and glucose.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Southbeach, weight watchers. They all take a lot of self control. You stay on them a loooong time. Your more likely to stick with something for a month rather than 4. Really after the first month its really easy to stick with. You will notice you just feel better and have more energy. The hardest part is the 3rd day when you depleted of glycose and glucose.

yeah, instead of "Dieting" I just started cooking foods I like that have reasonable statistics...... (Instead of eating fast foods or drinking sodas which I did A LOT of).

I think I'll start moving my menu over to start this program.... I've had pretty good results ( I lost about 20-25lbs in 6 weeks) but I'm constantly trying to refine my method to keep my pallet satisfied :D Burgers and steaks should fit the bill nicely :D

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    To make it a little bit easier could you break it down into a meal plan?

What to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner...day 1, day 2 , day 3...etc

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Keyser, you appear to have knowledge of weight loss and nutrition, maybe you can help me. A couple of years ago I lost a little over 40 lbs and would say I was in the best shape of my life. People who had known me for a long time though started saying that I looked "sick" and "too thin." I heard it a lot even though physically I could do things I could never do before and felt great. After hearing it enough though I decided that maybe I should stop losing weight and maybe gain back a few pounds to get to a more "normal" weight. The problem was that I had figured out how to lose it but not how to really maintain or safely add it. To make this long story short, I gained back the weight I lost plus 10 lbs. So the diet you proposed, how long do you stay on it and what do you do when you get to a weight you're comfortable with? It seems like if you just stopped then you'd end up in the same boat I found myself in; gaining it back. Does the body naturally "even out" at a proper weight or will you continue to lose weight? My experience seemed to be that I had to make a permanent lifestyle change more than go on a specific "diet" until I lost the weight I wanted to lose. What advice would you have for me based on the diet you're proposed?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    To make it a little bit easier could you break it down into a meal plan?

What to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner...day 1, day 2 , day 3...etc

...and I guess my concern is calories. How many are you eating each day ON the diet?...I saw the off day comment.

I am the guy who tries to burn more than he takes in; Eating about 1,200 - 1,500 a day, 30-40 minutes on eliptical and then lifts weights for 30-45 minutes (4 times a week M-Th) Chest/ BIs ; Shoulders; Back/ TRIs; Legs

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom