Weaponized Police Drones (Houston, Tejas)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Residents of Conroe will probably not be much bothered by the idea of having a UAV in the sky over them, since they've had Army Reserve helicopters operating out of the Conroe airport for over 20 years.
    I think it would be nice if the locals could weigh in on drone surveillance in a voter referendum. We could see if they actually have the consent of the governed or not. Would you agree? Then we can see if these Federal gifts are welcomed by anybody besides the people who get to use them.

Oh I'm assured they are spying on you. I've ordered a couple myself. We know what doughnut and coffee you ordered at dunkin donuts, and it has been put into the Database.
    They must be tracking my body double/decoy. I don't partake in that stuff. :):

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Copters and drones and robots, oh my!

I hope those WJBs (Weaponized Jack Boots) aren't available to the general public. Without appropriate training, I can see the distinct possibility of a KJND. (Knee Jerk Negligent Discharge)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    In case you are wondering why police should not have tanks and should dress like a clean-shaven Barney Fife instead of SS Das Reich, I present Prosecution's Exhibit ZZ, yes, weaponized drone aircraft over U.S. airspace.:rolleyes:

New Police Drone Near Houston Could Carry Weapons - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

No, you don't get your toys. Take it back, boys, and buy more brown shoe polish and razors.

Holy ****, Kirk, Rambone was right! The World is turned upside down.:nailbite:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    HPD and surrounding police forces have already lied about aerial surveillance. Guess they are getting some more toys. Garnering trust is difficult when you lie out of the gate.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHk9Q3Fv6g[/ame]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hope those WJBs (Weaponized Jack Boots) aren't available to the general public. Without appropriate training, I can see the distinct possibility of a KJND. (Knee Jerk Negligent Discharge)

4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    HPD and surrounding police forces have already lied about aerial surveillance. Guess they are getting some more toys. Garnering trust is difficult when you lie out of the gate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHk9Q3Fv6g

Check that out. There were so many complaints after the media broke the story about the secret drones being deployed in 2010 over Houston that the mayor scrapped the program. This gives you some idea if police really have the "consent of the governed" to use these things.

Put it up for referendum, city-by-city. See how popular Big Brother's tacticool adventures really are.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Point is, as expressed by somebody earlier...it is media hype. I dont believe it can carry a weapon. By the time you add a load of ammo, a significant weapon...say an M4 or such...a targeting system, it probably could not get off the ground. Maybe it can carry a few tear gas canisters to drop on riots.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Check that out. There were so many complaints after the media broke the story about the secret drones being deployed in 2010 over Houston that the mayor scrapped the program. This gives you some idea if police really have the "consent of the governed" to use these things.

Put it up for referendum, city-by-city. See how popular Big Brother's tacticool adventures really are.

But if they did that, they would likely not be able to buy their helicopter... :(

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    All I have to say, is with $300,000 you can buy a lot of equipment for the cops, more ammo for training, I think that would do more good than the drone

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That video is awesome. I talked to guy once in a hospital hallway that explained to me: "just because you're schizophrenic doesn't mean they're not trying to get you".

If they don't like what you're doing they'll shoot you in the head with a baton.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    That video is awesome. I talked to guy once in a hospital hallway that explained to me: "just because you're schizophrenic doesn't mean they're not trying to get you".

If they don't like what you're doing they'll shoot you in the head with a baton.
    This guy you talked to, was he diagnosing you at the time?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom