• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I know this is probably not the right place for this, but I just found out and am kind of in a bind.....but do any of you guys near Avon do plumbing work? I have a bath remodel scheduled to start on Monday and need a shower valve soldered in. My normal plumber has been off a few weeks in the hospital with covid, and he don't feel up to it.

I plan on tearing out the existing tub and surround on Monday and should have it ready for new valve Monday afternoon/evening. I could probably do this, but it is for my wifes Aunt and in a wall, and I would rather have someone who is comfortable doing that sort of thing.

I have a call into a different plumber but not sure if he can get to it on short notice, so looking for a backup plan.

Thanks.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I've used Cornwell out of Pittsboro a couple times. Small family ran business and does good work.
    Call Eric @ Spearing and Son. three 1 seven 6 zero three nine two 53. Good, reliable, solid.

Thank you both! I will try them in the morning....if I can't get a plumber there by Tuesday am, I may just have to give this a shot myself. I really dread it though and would much rather throw someone some cash to do it.

Talked to my plumber guy yesterday. He is in terrible shape still. Dr. told him the day he went in he could take ventilator and have a 25% of surviving......or put in coma he would have a 50% chance of survival. He told them he would take discharge papers and let God deal with it. He went home and has been in a vibrating bed sucking 5 cubes of Oxygen a day. Praying the old guy pulls thru.....he is a stubborn one.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    So what happened?
    I ended up becoming a plumber. Did it all myself.....and boy did it suck! Everything went good except for 1 pipe I could not get to stop filling with water, so I just ended up putting a Shark Bite on it. I ended up glad I did it. As soon as I took cover off shower handle off I could see existing leak......so I had to shut down water and change valve ASAP so I could turn customers water back on.

Top Bottom