• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I keep telling that voice in the back of my head that we are not going to lose. After all, this is America, and our rights could never fall. But then I remember all the other rights that have fallen, and I look at the people around me that constitute the modern America and I am deeply saddened. I want the old America back.

Did people carry rifles into restaurants back in the old America? If so, did people freak out? Actually, I wasn't there so I don't know the answer to this for sure. Carry laws were historically much more strict, so I'm assuming the answer is no they did not. It's strange how guns in school used to be much more normal, it was easy to buy a fully auto, etc, but carry was so restricted. Things have flip-flopped.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So a guy with a handgun you can see (or the one you can't), doesn't bother you, but the rifle does? I'm just trying to figure out where the definitive line of "dangerous" is when the only discernible factor we have to judge the individual is the firearm we can see.

If I don't see it, I'm not able to form any opinion, "reactionary" or other. Out of sight, out of mind.

On the other hand, if I spy a couple of jokers coonfingering their guns in public, I will form an opinion. If it's in a place of public resort, I'll probably choose another. Just in case.

Sure, the unseen gun may be more dangerous. But it's unseen... I think it would be "irrational" to fear going in public because of the guns that could be there.

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    moms should be worried about kids working there and being worked to death not by law obiding citizens carrying weapons...they work those kids to death there...

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    From a customers perspective, in the world we live in today. How do I know the guy standing around with an AR or AK is not getting ready to "hose" the place?
    You don't know. He very well could be the next "nut" getting ready to carry out an act of violence. Do I agree with a store/shop banning people from open carrying of firearm? No. But I do see their concerns. How about we all behave like we have half a brain. I do not open carry myself, why give your potential opponent the opportunity to see what he may be up against.
    I am not against open carry either. I just think when you have people open carrying long guns it sends the wrong message about all gun owners. The people walking from a rally, could have easily walked back to their vehicle and put their guns away, and then go get something to eat.

How do you know the guy driving the Uhaul truck isn't hiding a bomb? How do you know the guy filling a can at the gas station isn't going to use it to douse kids and light them afire? How many mass-shooting start out with the bad guy toting a rifle around, calmly, then eating, then shooting the place up? It is an irrational fear, like the fear of black people or interracial couples. The people that are fearful are in the wrong, not the other way around. So, if Indiana banned handguns, but open carry long guns was still legal, would you just go everywhere unarmed?

Top Bottom