• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    I second that! i've been there twice and won't return. The Range Master was part Rambo, part prison guard. Rude, arrogant and argumenative. It's been ten years since I've been there and it's only a half hour drive.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I disagree with this highly. There is no possible way that I or my friend could have been perceived as being dangerous, or irresponsible with our firearms. Our muzzles stayed pointed down range at all times. Safety was always on when not in use. Mags were out when not in used. I tried to keep the shots slow. Center mass shots. Ect. This situation was just simple discrimination / A simple case of someone being a complete ass.

When was the last time you went?

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    :tantrum::baby::drama:
    That's fine. More uninterupted time for the responsible reputable looking folk.:rolleyes:

That attitude is like Mexicans coming to work in America to improve conditions in Mexico.
    :ranton:

What a dumb comment. People like this are another reason I stopped going to places like this... People that think that a black shirt means I'm a degenerate. This mentality of "You're only welcome on this range if you wear a tucked in polo shirt, NRA hat, and have a leaf camo shotgun that you carry in a nice $100 bag! Now get outa here you Commie puke!", is exactly what makes Atterbury a bad range in my opinion.

Last edited:

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    OP, you live in danville, come out to danville conservation club. I shoot there regularly. Nice people there.

I've looked into it, but not my sort of thing. 3 seconds between shots or subject to a $50 fine, and expulsion from the club on the second offense? No thanks.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I've looked into it, but not my sort of thing. 3 seconds between shots or subject to a $50 fine, and expulsion from the club on the second offense? No thanks.

Proteq in brazil. $20/year membership. 25, 50, 100, 200 yard rifle.

I need to join dcc though. I work in Danville, I could go shooting before work. :D 3 seconds between shots doesn't bother me.

JenTheGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Castleton, IN
    I held my first firearm at Atterbury. Part of the reason I became a gun owner was because of my experience there. It felt safe, efficient, like a precision sport. Had that gone differently I know I would not have overcome my bias against guns. I wish it were closer to home, but I picked up the recent Trading Post Groupon, and looking forward to checking that out.

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    OP, you just don't have any luck at ranges, do you?

Me? Not true. The range officers are I are on a first name basis at Eagle Creek. Huntington was great! It's just so far away. And after I buy $100 in ammo, I'm kind of wiped out for the day. So driving 200 miles isn't very healthy for my wallet. And while Don's is unsafe, I've never had an issue there. It's ONLY been that Atterbury place.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I live close to Dons and it is a dangerous range because of the employees. They are a collective of idiots. I have told them this point blank and they just give you a blank stare....Nothing between the ears to receive and hold any new info. Stay away from that place.

What is really amazing is the number of normal looking folks that go in there. Yes, thugs and idiots as well but normal folks fill the place up. Amazing.

Spiorad-Fola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Good ol' Don pays a lot for advertising.....most people sadly don't know any better. Can't count the number of people i've seen buy their first gun from him out of naiveté, only to later find out how much they overpaid from someone into guns...

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have had similar treatment at AT. They did not offer to settle it in the lot, but the pip squeak RO decided he should stand over my son and I and offer up his unasked for advice. It was only after I pointed out to him that someone was down range on the pistol end of the line while the range was still hot that he went away.
    I'm a member at MCFG and a 10 yr US army vet, so I know a little about how to act on the range, but I think they have something against my long hair.

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Ha. I'm going to Atterbury for the first time soon. I have long hair and dig metal (though don't like Pantera). I'm not anticipating any "trouble."

Top Bottom