• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    92% of gun owners support universal background checks (which have zero influence on gun violence).

So ... I don't, you don't, where are all these overwhelming gun owners that support UBC's?

Same kind of book cooking that these kind of presentations hold. Hogwash.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Like always a "Gun Homicides" chart, not a Violent Crimes chart.

You mean like the other thread about the mass stabbing in China? ...and that mass killings is a big problem in China? ...But it wasn't with a gun so it doesn't count.

Yeah, violence is a problem in every society and every country, some worse than others. So, do you want to defend yourself with a firearm or a hammer?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    It wasn't enough that the FBI stats were exposed as "incorrect due to inadequate / false data used as the foundation for the report"?!? Really has my head spinning...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    92% of gun owners support universal background checks (which have zero influence on gun violence).

So ... I don't, you don't, where are all these overwhelming gun owners that support UBC's?

Of course as gun owners, we know that "universal background check" is an impossible law to enforce without first registering EVERY gun in existence in the USA.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The U.S. is highest when you exclude the countries that are higher...

It excludes Latin American countries like Mexico that have traditionally had high murder rates, often due to political instability and the drug war.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

Evidently you have not read your history and seen this quote.

Abraham Lincoln said:
    I think that 92% of the statistics on the internet are made up. I mean, that's crazy...right? LOL!

Sadly, I have learned that purple must be used with such historical quotes.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Drunk drivers kill at least as many, if not many, many more people than guns each day.
    Why aren't the politicians screaming to ban alcohol and cars?

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    This is one of the most head-spinningly ignorant articles I've ever read. Same crap, different voice every time. Anyone who spouts stats like this never looks beneath the glaringly obvious factor of that these crimes all involve guns. There is no examination of who commits the crimes, nor any other contributing factors. It's all slant, with an iota of fact

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Like always a "Gun Homicides" chart, not a Violent Crimes chart.

I'd really like to know the truth about this, but UK and many other countries classify "violent crime" much more liberally than the US, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.

I tried searching for violent crime statistics. Unfortunately, everything I found was heavily biased toward one point of view or the other. I gave up before I could find any even-handed data and analysis.

Top Bottom