• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I saw this on Youtube and thought it might draw interest here on INGO. This is apparently a hearing concerning the banking committee:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F6YkBa_Tig[/ame]

Mike F

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Most of the cases she is talking about involve violations of consumer protection laws. Those cases are referred to the Justice department for prosecution. The most recent example would be the robo-signing mortgage scandal. Attorney Generals from both the federal and state levels participated in settlement negotiations. Several States opted out of the combined settlement agreement and pursued their own settlement.

Also, banks have an incentive to settle prior to court. Courts tend to rule against them as they are seen as having deep pockets.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Most of the cases she is talking about involve violations of consumer protection laws. Those cases are referred to the Justice department for prosecution. The most recent example would be the robo-signing mortgage scandal. Attorney Generals from both the federal and state levels participated in settlement negotiations. Several States opted out of the combined settlement agreement and pursued their own settlement.

Also, banks have an incentive to settle prior to court. Courts tend to rule against them as they are seen as having deep pockets.

im sorry, after re reading your OP, I misread, and thought you said it was grandstanding FROM cspan, not FOR....my bad

Top Bottom