• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I live in the outer suburbs west and south of Indianapolis airport and raise horses. The coyotes are after my young foals, one was attack and not killed but not saleable at the price offered. Most shoots will be 50 yards or less so with pole lighting around the barn the old first gen Russian I have does not work. Need some recommendations that don't run $8000 or even over $3000 that you use. Day light they stay away from the barn most days but have got 3 young ones using a .22 Ruger 10-22, a 1903 Colt hammerless .32 ACP, and an STI 6" in 10mm. All 3 were just an opitunity kill.

Gildings are given free egress as I don't like to stall unless it is needed. I very seldom have breathing problems with any of my horses, do to not putting up at night or all the time.

Need some recommendations that don't run $8000 or even over $3000 that you use that can also be used during daylight.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    There was a Bearing optics Hogster in the classifieds. It would work well for you at night.
    Sightmark Wraith will give you night and day viewing. Stock IR sucks so plan on upgrading. It MIGHT get you to 75 yards with the stick IR, maybe more with ambient light.
    Allow someone who is already setup for night hunting to call your place.
    Listed in order from most expensive to free.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I live in the outer suburbs west and south of Indianapolis airport and raise horses. The coyotes are after my young foals, one was attack and not killed but not saleable at the price offered. Most shoots will be 50 yards or less so with pole lighting around the barn the old first gen Russian I have does not work. Need some recommendations that don't run $8000 or even over $3000 that you use. Day light they stay away from the barn most days but have got 3 young ones using a .22 Ruger 10-22, a 1903 Colt hammerless .32 ACP, and an STI 6" in 10mm. All 3 were just an opitunity kill.

Gildings are given free egress as I don't like to stall unless it is needed. I very seldom have breathing problems with any of my horses, do to not putting up at night or all the time.

Need some recommendations that don't run $8000 or even over $3000 that you use that can also be used during daylight.
    I’ve had my eye on the Sightmark Wraith Mini Thermal for a while and it’s now down to $1499.99 at Battlehawk Armory. I’m only a couple of beers away from pulling the trigger on that one!

Top Bottom