Wanna stop a future AWB? Then get your butt in here now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The full discussion is at AR15.COM. I have reposted this with the permission of the original Author.

Enough whining! Enough whimpering! Enough rolling over and simply giving up! Neither of those things are going to get us anywhere. But diligence and planning can.

Here is another suggestion for how we should organize to fight any new anti-gun legislation:

First and foremost, we must be highly organized. That doesn't mean just this forum. It means we all have to work to ensure that all firearms forums are interconnected and be capable of working together and sharing news if and when that becomes necessary. Obviously, this will largely fall to the site staff. But everyone can help. But to launch an effective counter-effort against the antis, this needs to be done.

How will this be beneficial? News travels fast online. The better networked we are with other like-minded people, the faster we can react to any new legislation that is introduced. But more importantly, by getting as many gun owner groups linked together as possible, it will allow us to develop and implement a particular and well focused strategy, then carry out that strategy. Without that sort of networking, everyone is just running around doing their own thing with no knowledge of what other groups may be doing. It makes any effort far less organized and far less focused.

Imagine if all the firearms boards devoted to AR rifles, AK rifles, M1As, FALs, H&K, Sig, Glock, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, and all other brands and types of semi-auto magazine fed weapons, had a sort of "panel" made up by staff from each of the individual forums to determine what actions to take, where to focus those actions and how to carry them out. It would make our efforts 100x more effective.

Imagine for just a moment that we needed to counter something in the Senate. Imagine how effective it might be if all the boards were connected, agreed on a letter writing campaign to Harry Reid, agreed on the general tone of what the letters should be (maybe even share examples), and contained a time line for when to send them. Rather than letters being sent a few here and few there to dozens or hundreds of people, you could have thousands upon thousands arrive in his congressional mailbox on the same day. See how much more powerful that message would be?

Being organized is the most critical element to winning our future battles. Rather than being like a bunch of independent little islands scattered all across a vast ocean going their separate way, we need to unite into a tightly connected network that shares info, resources, ideas, develops strategies and put into action plans to stop the gun grabbers.

I would highly encourage the site staff here to reach out to the owners and staff of other firearms forums (as well as all pro-gun organizations for that matter) and form a panel made up from key people with each group to head and direct such efforts. It doesn't even have to be anything overly formal. A simple forum where representatives from all groups can meet and plan would be sufficient. Those representatives could then brief their individual forum members about anything requiring attention. It needs to be done right now. Planning needs to start right now. Everything needs to be in place before any anti-2A legislation ever hits the floor. That way, if and when it happens, we can call up said network, pull out the proper battle plan for whatever situation we are needing to deal with and start an effective effort immediately to counter it. This will save time, it will pool resources, it will give us better command and control to steal a military term, it will allow us to better focus our efforts and it will make our voice 100x louder. Think of it as the NATO of gun owners. Any single European nation would have folded almost immediately if the Soviets had invaded during the Cold War. But with all of them and the US working closely together, the Soviets were never able to get that chance. We must do likewise when facing the gun banners. Alone we are **** ants. But together, we are millions of pissed off motherfuckers who can and will be heard.

Simply put, it is time for all pro-gun websites, forums and organizations to join forces in a highly networked community. Since this forum is one of the largest and most influential gun forums on the web (with over 130,000 members here alone), why not we be the one to lay the groundwork to start this effort? As they say, "if you build it, they will come."

And one final suggestion and question: Does the site staff have the ability to send mass PMs or emails to members? Lots of people on these forums never set foot into GD or the Politics forum. Many (and I am included) log straight into the actual forums and never look at the front page. So many people miss lots of important news. By having such a system in place, the site staff could rapidly alert every swinging dick that belongs to this forum of developing situations that require their attention and direct them in a unified manner on how to react to that situation.

Again, maybe I have spent too much time involved with firefighting and emergency management. But I see effective communication and partnership with outside agencies (or in this case, other gun nuts) critical to dealing with any major challenge that requires a unified response. Therefore I would love to see us start networking with other forums and pro gun groups as quickly as possible. It could mean the difference between preserving our 2A rights and political defeat.

Does anyone else like this idea? Does anyone have additional ideas that could be added? And for the site staff, how feasible are my ideas? I am so tired of all the hand-wringing and fear being displayed on this forum. I feel we could put those energies to much better use by being proactive and taking efforts to make sure a new ban doesn't happen, rather than running around screaming the sky if falling.

UPDATE: We now have a temporary chat room set up to discuss these issues. You can log in by visiting:

http://www.harrystone.net/chat

This is where everyone involved (all the various groups that have joined since the original post) can meet, for now, until the permanent forum and website are completed.

We won't be in the chat 24/7, but I will personally make an effort to be in there whenever logged on, until the permanent site is built.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    A special request that was posted on Page 6 of that same post. Here it is.

And with Ed Sr's approval, roll we will do!

So, for those who may belong to other forums which are not yet represented on the list above, and if you would like to invite them to join with us, I went ahead and created a basic invite message you can copy and paste on the respective forum. It will give everyone instructions on the goal of our effort, how to join and how to contact me. They will also have the option of PMing you if if they wish, so please pass their contact info along to me if and when that happens and I will add them to my contact sheet I am making. That way we can keep everyone well updated and invite them in when the website and forum are ready for use.

Here's the example invite message. You may alter it if you wish. After all, I am no English professor, just a hick who loves guns.
    icon_smile_clown.gif

Some members of ar15.com (to include me) have been trying to do something positive for 2nd Amendment rights since the results of this past election day rolled in. Lots of people are scared about our future. Some are even panicking. I realized something had to be done. So a bunch of us started brain storming and came up with the idea to begin an effort to unite EVERYONE who has an interest in firearms or freedom in general. The purpose will be the rapid dissemination of information if and when anti-gun legislation is introduced in Congress. Rather than having hundreds of pro-gun online forums or organizations which are scattered and fragmented, our intended goal is to have at least one representative from every firearms message board, shooting club, the NRA, the GOA, the Citizen's Committee, manufacturers, dealers, gun shop owners, firearms magazines and publications, gun smiths, and as many gun owners as possible, etc all together under one roof, where we can rapidly plan and counter any threats to our freedom. Each group leader will also have the roll of passing on news to the members of their group. The goal is not to replace or be an alternative to any of these entities that already exist. The goal is to simply make sure that any information or ideas from any one body makes it to everyone else. Our effort isn't about making a profit. We will all be strictly volunteers. And while money may become an issue somewhere down the road (we are discussing hiring a lobbyist), the goal is not to require anyone to pay to become a member at this time or make donations. Instead, send those to the NRA, GOA or Citizen's Committee where they will be best put to use.

As of right now, me and those who have joined with me in this effort are planning the design of a website and a forum. The website will contain news updates, as well as contact info for all Congressional members at the federal and eventually even the state level. The forum area will have a private section where each group representative will be able to discuss efforts, make plans and make decisions about our direction. It will be an equal partnership and everyone will have an equal say in group matters. There will also be a sub-forum for every state, where planning and coordination of activities can take place at the local level.

If you would like to see how this all began, how the effort began to blossom and how it evolved, you can read the thread here:

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Wanna stop a future AWB? Then get your butt in here now!

But in short, if you don't have time to read through that whole thread, we want to create the firearms community equivalent of the Emergency Broadcast System. By having everyone with a firearms interest linked together in a close network, we can rapidly alert all gun owners and freedom loving Americans the moment a bill is introduced in Congress. And then together, we can effectively direct the response to such a situation. Depending on the situation at hand, we will have the ability to send mass emails, mass text messaging, get the information and instructions posted to every firearms website on the net and have everyone working toward the same task in a unified manner to create ONE VOICE. We can swamp the House and Senate leadership with phone calls and emails all at once. We can write and call our own senators and reps. We can plan marches at the state and national level. But by having everyone working together, and that is the key, we can do all of this at a much higher level and with much better coordination and success.

If you would like to join with us to make a stand for our 2A rights, please either respond to me through an IM, send an email to george.tincher@gmail.com or sign up and post in the thread linked above at AR15.COM. Provide your contact info (email will be fine) and someone will let you know when the site and forum are up and running and you can join in. If you wish to represent your business, industry, club, online forum, publication or whatever, please let that be known so you can be granted special access to the private forum that will serve as the group's nucleus. Together we can prevent any future assault weapons bans or other restrictive legislation that threatens our freedom.

Thank you and God Bless.

-Your name or user name here

Since I have elected to go ahead and share my email, please try to post that only in places that are gun friendly. I am sure you might be able to guess why. I don't want to have to waste any more of my time that necessary dealing with deleting troll emails.
    icon_smile.gif

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sorry, its a lot to read but well worth it. I will post updates as I get them. Feel free to post questions or ideas. There is an ongoing chatroom for those who don't read all of it above.

harrystone.net - chat

The main person behind it is Charging_Handle. He is usually in the chat room when possible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't have an account at AR-15.com (can not use FREE accounts to log-in) but do we have a person from these fourms who wants to take the lead on this for us?

Site ADMIN perhaps?
    I am more than willing to help in any way from this board. Tomorrow my goal is to write up my letters to all my reps. I have an outline so far on what I want to say but plan on keeping it simple and a 1 pager.

Note the NRA does mail out to it's members postcards where doing mass mailers. We need toget our local NRA reps involved as well. I know how mine is for this area.
    I'll email him this post as well.

FYI
    I have posted a smaller "call" on the following forums as well:

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?p=582414#post582414
    View topic - Wanna stop a future AWB? Then get your butt in here now!

I you belong to another forum please post there as well even if in the worng place. We need to MOVE on this!!!

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yeah, I've already offered to do anything to Charging_Handle (Author of above Quoted posts). I'll take the lead if no one else wants to but it would be good to get some Admins involved.

I agree, It would be good to get local NRA Reps involved. Does anyone have a link or know of a way to find the contact info for the Local Rep?

Also, the Chat room that is set up (harrystone.net - chat) does not require a login

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I already email my local NRA REP (for NW Indiana) so that he sends the word up the chain. I need to pull my NRA MAG to get the list of the rest of the local area people.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hell yea guys! I'm pretty much free when she lets me be so count me in for just about whatever. I have 4 kids to work around so just let me know what I can do to help.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Update from Charging_Handle

clear.gif

I just woke up, wanted to pop online for a sec and add something I forgot to earlier. After tonight's planning session in the chat, we now officially do have a domain name and WildWilli has purchased the hosting service in which to launch the website and forum (mucho thanks to WildWilli). Harry Stone will be starting work on it tomorrow. So for those who have patiently been waiting for this to take shape, it is now happening. I'll update further tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, as I will be out on the road most of the day tomorrow and have no access to a computer.

BTW, I also hope to add some sort of tally as to how many forums and organizations have signed on thus far, as well as how many individuals are signing up for the newsletter and alert list. But I can tell you, for 3 days effort, it is one helluva impressive list. Lots of manufacturers and vendors too. People all across the nation are jumping in and the news of our organization is spreading like wildfire as more and more gun owners and outdoorsmen pick up the story and carry it to other forums.

So good news folks! It looks like we are on our way to where we want to go. Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in to allow this concept to become a reality.
    icon_smile.gif

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    The politically correct crowd took control over at AR15.com some time ago. They've got their own little clique of posters that rush to pounce upon anyone they preceive as possibly being offensive to anyone that might hamper advertising revenue. They are fast becoming gun owner lite and not nearly far enough to the right for me and quite a lot of others who have left that site.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Well its not being headed up by ar15.com but just where Charging_Handle first posted it. He basically wants to get all the pro-gun forums together for a community and a new organization to push for all gun rights. It has huge support and its only about 3 or 4 days old.

You should definately check it out and if nothing else send him an email or chat with him in the chat room.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    USMC reminded me of a good thing to throw into this pot. I suggested a newspaper or newsletter. It was suggested into an online news source to supplement this website and the the subject just died. So what do you people think? I think and USMC thinks this would work GREAT! we even have a guy with a print shop to help.

Give me something to do and I'm on it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That sounds good. It sounds like the main idea is to get everyone to have one organization that assembles at a local level. I'm not sure how far along everything is going yet. I do know they have a domain name and webspace secured but once it finally launches I think this would be a great way to get the news out locally.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    a newspaper is good to get our thoughts and ideas out to those who don't get online. And trust me there are a LOT of people who don't. No website will be secure and obviously neither will be a newspaper. Any code can be cracked when you have the full resources of our Gov. working for Obama bin Biden.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Each person could find one group of people to push our message. Co-workers, sports leagues, clubs, and many others. If we need to send letters a ready made letter could be downloaded, printed multiple times and passed out individually to be mailed. We need to raise money some way like Ron Paul or even Obama. Recruiting new members to INGO or NRA or something can be done with word of mouth but if we had some money it wil be much more effective. When a AWB gets voted on, all congress should have to do is look out the window and see a million people.

I think we need to get a panel of members to represent INGO and comunicate back to the membership what the next course of action is. I tired of talking and ready to do something.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Don't take this thread lighltly

Ok, I am going out on a limb here. 17 hours since the last post to this thread and it was mine. I don’t know if because it went sticky but this has not drawled enough attention on this thread. This is where we need to start; it’s a good idea that is taking off pretty fast. Take time to read the first post. They have registered domain name and set up a web site. All forums on the internet that support the second admendment will be represented. Basically how I understand this, a few members from each board will monitor the website and participate in discussions. Then they will pass this back to their respective boards. From their, it is up to us. Sample letters that can be downloaded and printed can be passed out to non-members. You can talk to friends, family, co-workers, and other social activities to pass them along. If we can get thousands of letters mailed at the same time they will be much more effective then everyone taking it upon them to write their own letter. Good intentions and all sometimes we just don’t get it done. This could really grow into a grass roots effort unseen before.

There are a lot of good things you can do quickly and easily. One, you could visit other sites like news or other forums and when you run into a comment section on a news article related to AWB, 2nd Amendment, or any gun discussion you could make a couple of post. If you are lazy copy and paste some of the good post off of INGO. I am sure the talented and true patriots we have would not mind. Talking to non-internet users when ever you get a chance, get them interested. I have noticed that there are a lot of people that believe in our right to carry a handgun for self defense but don’t UNDERSTAND why we need “assault rifles”. These people are easy to turn if you just know how. We have a few sticky threads with good info around here, read them, memorize them, and copy them.

Anyway I would like to start an INGO patriot’s email list. I also will volunteer to represent INGO unless there are objections from the dude that pays the bills. :D If you are interested in DOING something please pm me you email address and what level of participation you can do. I know we all are busy especially around the holidays but with just a little effort from everybody this could be our best shot at peacefully countering the attacks on our rights.

I know I have stepped on a few toes around here, especially in the politics section but this is a common goal for everyone of us now. Put those differences aside and join this fight now, lets don't wait unil it is to late.

To quote on of my favorite movie lines.

You talk the talk
    Do you walk the walk

Do you know the movie?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I am excited to get help in writing letters and assisting our 2nd ammendment rights heck even our constitution may be in jeopardy.
    I also like the idea of printing some to hand out to friends and co-workers for them to mail as a way of getting even more people involved!!!!
    We all have a circle of friends and we can help equip them as well! :ar15:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've been doing my part today. I even converted a couple Obama supporters! Told them about the website and the thing Obama is really about and they all but flipped out. I guess it helped that I was OCing in McDonalds and they thought that it was illegal. They said they didn't have the internet but would find a way to check things out.

People who don't have access get their information from the drive-by media and take it as gospel. We have to change that. We have to reach out to those without the internet. I wish I had cards or something to hand out. Bill of Rights was working on something like this and we need to bring him in on this. We have an opportunity to show these anti's that American's will stick together.

Top Bottom