• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    I have always changed my own oil and performed tune-ups. It is worth my time to ensure that my primary means of transportation is mission ready....some 16 year old putting the wrong oil filter on somehow negates that.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    hehehehehe.... I worked at the Linton Wal-Mart TLE from 2000 until 2003. I just got tired of it and one thing I did learn is the customer is not always right, some are just complete idiots.:rolleyes: What finally did it was a guy with a Super Duty and how he wanted his tires rotated.:xmad: Something as simple as a tire rotation shouldn't send a person over the edge. Some of the managers were also telling me I should go into the management program but I didn't want that headache. Oh and I did strip a couple oil pans out in my time there but never had any wheels fall off of a car.:D The best though was during winter time with snow on the ground and pulling the e-brake on cars sliding them around the corner to pull them into the shop.:rockwoot:That should make everyone feel good about taking their cars in to get worked on.:laugh:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I forgot to reset my oil change light the last time I got my oil changed. It's been coming "on" about 2000 miles early. Unless it's not just a mileage counter, in which case I may have a problem. :D

I get my oil changed at the same place I've had it done since 1991, Neal Tire & Auto.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I change the oil out in my truck every 20000 miles unless I get data back from the lab saying to do it sooner. I also take and run 2 - 3 gallon of used oil in my tank to lean out the fuel.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I think I forgot to reset my oil change light the last time I got my oil changed. It's been coming "on" about 2000 miles early. Unless it's not just a mileage counter, in which case I may have a problem. :D

I get my oil changed at the same place I've had it done since 1991, Neal Tire & Auto.

On some cars it just looks at mileage but most newer cars take into account driving conditions, sometimes my wife will get 7 or 8000 between oil changes.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I used to get get coupons for oil changes at Firestone in Bloomington for $14.99. When they stopped sending me those I started doing it at Mr. Lubie. Lousy work but they were cheap and right on my commute. I noticed a few months ago they jacked their prices to $27.00 or something crazy. Called them up a few weeks ago and they wanted like $38.00 plus disposal fees. So I called Jiffy Lube and Grease Monkey and they both wanted like $40.00. So I decided it was time to start changing my own. Used Napa brand 5w20 for my hondas -- total cost = about 17.50 per car. At two cars and a few times a year each, that saving is worth the hassle to me. Did get a little oil on my garage floor though :)

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I used to get those same Firestone coupons when I lived in Bloomington :):

I used to get get coupons for oil changes at Firestone in Bloomington for $14.99. When they stopped sending me those I started doing it at Mr. Lubie. Lousy work but they were cheap and right on my commute. I noticed a few months ago they jacked their prices to $27.00 or something crazy. Called them up a few weeks ago and they wanted like $38.00 plus disposal fees. So I called Jiffy Lube and Grease Monkey and they both wanted like $40.00. So I decided it was time to start changing my own. Used Napa brand 5w20 for my hondas -- total cost = about 17.50 per car. At two cars and a few times a year each, that saving is worth the hassle to me. Did get a little oil on my garage floor though :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I change the oil out in my truck every 20000 miles unless I get data back from the lab saying to do it sooner. I also take and run 2 - 3 gallon of used oil in my tank to lean out the fuel.

Am I missing something here or do you drive a semi????

I change my own oil thank you very much. Cheaper by half against anywhere else doing it. I did have an '87 dodge charger (hatchback 80's crap) I bought for 200 bucks. I changed oil in it every other day after it burnt most of it. :laugh:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I have always change my own oil. Its time to change it again but this time I will have my little girl with me and it being winter and all I wont be able to do it myself. Where would be the best place to get it done? Price wise, as long as its not way over priced I would like to go to a place with a good track record.

Top Bottom