• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Very possible, but I personally think the other will happen first.

What is so wrong with obeying the rules and laws? But yes I realize attitudes have changed from when I was brought up and taught the ways of living.

Folks take it upon themselves to decide what laws/rules to obey. This happens in all societies.

I'm going to assume that you yourself have driven a vehicle before. I'm also going to assume that you at SOME point in time have driven faster then the posted speed limit. Now you have your own reasons for breaking the law when you did. It might be because you were late for work, or maybe just thought that you could safely travel 31MPH in a 30MPH zone. I look at that all the time. On roads with a speed limit of (lets say) 40MPH. The law says that 40MPH in ideal conditions (ie sunny and clear weather) is the absolute HIGHEST speed a person may operate their vehicle at. I would argue that I could SAFELY operate my vehicle at 45MPH. It doesn't matter what I think tho because its THE LAW. And NOBODY is above the law... So in this case I would be in violation of the law and pay the penalty for doing so.

Why would someone break the rule about CCing a loaded gun in a building that strictly prohibits loaded guns? They have their own reasons for violating the posted rule. In most cases it would be about protecting themselves (especially when loaded with hundreds of dollars in cash) that it might be worth the "risk" of being caught with a loaded firearm.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Why would someone break the rule about CCing a loaded gun in a building that strictly prohibits loaded guns? They have their own reasons for violating the posted rule. In most cases it would be about protecting themselves (especially when loaded with hundreds of dollars in cash) that it might be worth the "risk" of being caught with a loaded firearm.

Number of years ago I was a member of th OGCA, I watched members shell out $10,000, $20,000 dollars for museum pieces. No one is allowed in their shows armed except security, but then of course everyone is a member except visitors.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I got no problem in the show. I unload before the door and keep the rounds in my pocket when I go in. Cut the zip tie as soon as I go out and reload. Simple. Easypeasy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I understand what you're saying. I suggest you get some folks together to start your own gunshow and run it as you see fit and allow loaded guns. I really doubt you'd be able to get enough insurance to cover your butt when/after all the NDs that happen.

I just don't go to gun shows and haven't for almost a decade, and certainly have no interest in organizing one. Sounds like if there's so many unsafe gun handlers, combined with so many people willing to disregard the rules, its probably dangerous to go anyway.

Nah, I'm a hermit and detest physically shopping. Not one Internet merchant has complained about the presence of my weapon, its easy to park, and the crowds are pretty light.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I just don't go to gun shows and haven't for almost a decade, and certainly have no interest in organizing one. Sounds like if there's so many unsafe gun handlers, combined with so many people willing to disregard the rules, its probably dangerous to go anyway.

Nah, I'm a hermit and detest physically shopping. Not one Internet merchant has complained about the presence of my weapon, its easy to park, and the crowds are pretty light.

A big part of the gun show experience is the fact that the firearms are tangible, unlike the internet shopping experience. You get to physically inspect a firearm before you buy. Feel how it shoulders, look down the sights or thru the scope to see it they suit you. Plus try out holsters or other accessories to see if you like the way they work, etc. Plus I enjoy interacting with all the folks at the gun shows. Well not ALL of them. Bodily hygiene is but one consideration. I wouldn’t say that gun shows are dangerous to go to any more than just walking down the street is. Yes you have morons mishandling firearms. Yes you have guys CCing against the rules. Yes accidents happen. But these facts have little importance to me when I attend. Nowadays just the cost is the biggest factor. Cost of gas, cost of admittance are my 2 biggest concerns.

Lemmitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    New Albany
    A big part of the gun show experience is the fact that the firearms are tangible, unlike the internet shopping experience. You get to physically inspect a firearm before you buy. Feel how it shoulders, look down the sights or thru the scope to see it they suit you. Plus try out holsters or other accessories to see if you like the way they work, etc. Plus I enjoy interacting with all the folks at the gun shows. Well not ALL of them. Bodily hygiene is but one consideration. I wouldn’t say that gun shows are dangerous to go to any more than just walking down the street is. Yes you have morons mishandling firearms. Yes you have guys CCing against the rules. Yes accidents happen. But these facts have little importance to me when I attend. Nowadays just the cost is the biggest factor. Cost of gas, cost of admittance are my 2 biggest concerns.

I wonder how much more business would come in if the tickets were cheaper if bought ahead or were just cheaper in general at the door

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Policies like that work well because they make sure the individuals who may blow someone else's leg off end up bickering about it with each other, while responsible people realize they don't have a firearm on them until it clears the holster and is seen.

Delta3Two

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I've entered the exhibit hall for a local PA gun.show. Armed police ask me if I have "weapons" on me. I smile and tell them no. It is none of their business.

Reading some of the replies to your question, I find it disgusting how many of your responding Hoosiers are willing to grab their ankles in response to authority.

Delta3Two

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    You aren't missing much. Samurai swords and other ninja cutlery made in Pakistan, cheap optics and accessories made in Red China amongst other junk. Not to mention few if any fine weapons by quality manufactures offered by the vendors. Lastly whatever is being sold at a gun show is overpriced.

You aren't missing anything.

Newby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    In a cornfield
    It is a necessity as you always have "New" people shopping at the shows for their first gun at the shows. You don't know is Dick and Jane have ever had any safety training.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    It is a necessity as you always have "New" people shopping at the shows for their first gun at the shows. You don't know is Dick and Jane have ever had any safety training.

And half of the idiots posting in this thread think said Dick & Jane will magically follow the rules.....

While the rest of us realize that IT STAYS ON THE HIP UNTIL IM READY TO ENGAGE

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I may unload and check the one that I have on my hip. But whats to say that I don't have one in my pocket, or on my ankle, or in my coat. CC means CC!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I used to ask for a donation to the cause when I brought my electrical snips to the shows to cut off the zip ties. Normally when I have to take care of a bad habbit I have. Maybe I need a table and a sand barrel outside. Donations only.

I would rather see all guns unloaded at the shows. Don't mind unloading mine.

MY LGS (GUN PUSHER) has the no loaded gun sign on his door also. He knows i carry and is fine with me bringing in mine but it never leaves the holster and I always tell him I have it. He siad he had to do it because of all the loaded firearms brought in for sale and the unsafe manner they were presented to him.

If you don't like it don't go.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've entered the exhibit hall for a local PA gun.show. Armed police ask me if I have "weapons" on me. I smile and tell them no. It is none of their business.

Reading some of the replies to your question, I find it disgusting how many of your responding Hoosiers are willing to grab their ankles in response to authority.

Insulting us isn't the best way to make your introduction. Is Penn Firearm's Owners Forum not good enough for you?

as for the thread at hand, I'll just link to the discussion from September, ehich I posted:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...535-carrying_at_a_gun_show-8.html#post3284553

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...as for the thread at hand, I'll just link to the discussion from September, ehich I posted:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...535-carrying_at_a_gun_show-8.html#post3284553

Good post!

You can't hide from the fact that a gun show is a venue where many, many guns are coonfingered. Add to that the desire of Bubba to show off his slick 1911 he just got engraved (with the text "Panty Remover") and then snuck into the show, loaded, and probability for ND increases dramatically. JoeBob assumes Bubba gave him unloaded gun to play with, because, hey, no loaded guns allowed, right?

Now, if we go to dinner at Crapplebees and you start coonfingerin' your gun, expect to get *****slapped.

Plus, if a rogue baddy if retarded enough to make a move that requires he be stopped with deadly force (i.e. SD shooting) What makes you think Bubba is the right guy to make the shot in that crowded venue? No, of course not, but you're so much more prepared than Bubba... :n00b:

EDIT: This the same Barbara Streisand reasoning that people use when test'ing while driving. "I can do it because I'm safer than everyone else" or "I can do it because this is Faceborg and not TXT msgs". The fact is, these rules are put into place because of common sense safety and not some liberal conspiracy to get all of us gun owners herded into a build like defenseless sheep.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yikes

I would submit that gun shows are one of the safer places we go. .............................QUOTE]

Either you forgot your purple or you have never paid attention to the stuff that goes on at an Indy 1500. You'll get muzzle-swept more in one hour than the entire rest of your life. "Well, yeah, but them guns ain't loaded". Then why are there so many AD/NDs at gun shows. We make such a big deal when one happens then we turn around and want to carry a loaded gun there. :dunno:

News Flash: Having a gun and having a LTCH is not proof you aren't a total idiot! Deciding you don't have to play by the rules is evidence you may be!

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    News Flash: Having a gun and having a LTCH is not proof you aren't a total idiot! Deciding you don't have to play by the rules is evidence you may be!

Yes, but for those who do not break the rule of "concealment", there is no danger or harm done outside of the occurrence of a defensive encounter. I'm detecting a tinge of "carry envy" from the rule followers. :laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom