• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I couldn't believe that the couple stood there for the first 6 shots... then I looked closer and it appears to me that the woman pulled a gun out of her coat pocket, shot 3 into the ground then 3 into the air... shot 7 was from the neighbor and hit the husband.

At least that's what I'm seeing...
    Well that changes a lot for me. I thought she pulled out her cell to do video. Now the way you put it makes more sense on why they didn’t react at first and run away. Damn....

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You might be right... also sounds like a gunshot at 18 seconds, but hard to tell from who.
    I could definitely be wrong, but she does go to her coat pocket, she does appear to be pointing, on the first report there appears to be a puff of smoke in front of her hand, the husband turns towards her, not the neighbor, she raises her right hand and appears to fire 3 more in the air... it's only on shot #7 that the couple reacts like someone is shooting at them.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    It's crazy enough, that a snow argument escalated to a shootout.

It completely blows my mind the guy goes inside gets his rifle and then comes back to execute them. I just can't wrap my head around that.

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    In the timestamp at 09:31:25 you can see that it appears she's holding up a finger and no gun.

So id say that all shots came from one shooter here. Also since the slide locks and I counted 12 shots, it potentially shows all shots were from the same gun, imo.

And to add - yes the comments were terrible in that link. This shouldn't have escalated to the end result it did. But it does seem that he clearly had a breaking point were sanity had left the building so to speak.

Attachments

• 20210205_155446.jpg
      20210205_155446.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 15
    Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    At about 9:30 in the video she can be heard saying (after shooting has commenced btw) "...'ve got video..." then she is hit. So IMO she was trying to video him to use against him. I would presume she thought he was just threatening without really going through with anything.

As a personal note, depending upon the history of provocation by the couple, were I on a jury I may acquit for temporary insanity. This could have been the last event that pushed the shooter over the edge. He is trying to clear his driveway of snow, and here they come throwing their snow on his yard. While snow is in and of itself harmless it is that act that shows a total and complete disregard of his private property and of any respect for him as a person. One can only suffer so much degradation before either becoming completely broken or completely unhinged.

The dynamics of these peoples history should be studied carefully to better understand how several people, living in what is apparently a nice neighborhood, with large well kept homes (from the few videos and pictures I have seen.) What is it that makes people snap is unique to each individual, but I believe that there are underlying psychological trends that we all follow.

I cannot help but think of an appearance of Jordan Peterson on Bill Maher's show. Peterson, a trained psychologist, mentions that the way to make people resilient is to expose them to something they fear. You do this in a controlled way of course with the persons permission, but keeping "scary thoughts or symbols" from people doesn't make them strong. My thought is that the shooter appears young. Was he exposed to stressful situations or mean people that toughened him up, thus building his resilience to mean neighbors, or was he kept in safe spaces that gave him less resilience before he finally snapped?

Regards,

Doug

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Doug,

Video... that could very well be it... and would fit with the cray of all involved... I've got him on video, he's in for it now!

Shakes head... people that detached from reality...

ETA: I do believe you are right... while he's shooting she's saying, "Go ahead <bang> I've <bang> video." Wow! Just, wow!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I couldn't believe that the couple stood there for the first 6 shots... then I looked closer and it appears to me that the woman pulled a gun out of her coat pocket, shot 3 into the ground then 3 into the air... shot 7 was from the neighbor and hit the husband.

At least that's what I'm seeing...
    OK I need to look at it again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doug,

Video... that could very well be it... and would fit with the cray of all involved... I've got him on video, he's in for it now!

ETA: I do believe you are right... while he's shooting she's saying, "Go ahead <bang> I've <bang> video." Wow! Just, wow!
    And here spouse abandons her to die in the street. That shows who and what he is or is not in that action.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I saw this one earlier today and have been thinking on and off about it all day.

I don't really think it's a gun lesson. It's a people lesson.

You do not know what is going on in other people's heads. You may think you're playing a certain type of game with a certain set of rules, but the other person could be playing an entirely different game whose rules don't look anything like yours. They are not obligated to conform to your expectations.

Don't start **** with other people. Don't write checks with your mouth that you aren't prepared to cash. It might just be the other person's day to murder someone for talking back to them. You can see in the video that they are utterly flabbergasted by this result and can't think to do anything except stand there and allow themselves to be shot. They're even screaming and flipping the bird as they're being shot. The last thing they ever experienced was the sensation of reality bulldozing aside their preconceptions of how that argument was going to go. He didn't need a gun, they would have stood there and watched him bury a tomahawk in their face.

Do NOT underestimate what other people are capable of. Do NOT start arguments on the street on the belief that they'll only go so far. Yeah it's unfair that their mouths cost them their lives, but they're not alive anymore to complain about it. The real world doesn't care about fair, and you don't get do-overs.

There was a guy I saw in public this evening doing something dumb that was causing problems for others, and I wanted to say something to correct him. Thinking about this video made me clamp my mouth shut and find a way around it.
    Makes me wonder how many prior complaints were filed and by whom?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Note he shot the pistol to slide lock. Many in the gun culture believe that they only need one magazine because it is a Glock or whatever.

You will shoot the pistol dry because of panic and because your target will NOT behave like it is in a movie.
    Not to disagree with carrying spare mags, but I’m willing to bet if I’m shooting a mag full of ammo at a target with no obstructions, and they are standing still like a silhouette target, I’m not going to need that spare mag.

But I still carry spares. Actually too many sometimes. I always have a spare on my person, as well as an extra in the car, and at work I have an extra in my toolbox. At home... well... don’t **** with me at home :)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    And here spouse abandons her to die in the street. That shows who and what he is or is not in that action.
    No doubt to me what kind of man he was. The same kind of guy that constantly taunts a neighbor. He didn't deserve what happened, but neither did the other guy.
    I disagree with Doug, no way the shooter or someone that snaps because of an Ahole taunting him should be free (I understand he shot himself). Truth is the world is a sucky place and people are going to disrespect you

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Doug,

Our culture believes the cell phone camera gives them power over other people as well as guarantees their own safety.

Only works when the other person is playing by the same rules. When you're waving a phone at somebody who is about to splatter your brains on the street and then kill themselves, it might as well be a block of wood. The video doesn't matter when you're dead.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not sure if this has been posted yet. Lots of shots fired few hits on first go around with what seems like a small caliber weapon.

We need common sense snow shovel reform

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's crazy enough, that a snow argument escalated to a shootout.

It completely blows my mind the guy goes inside gets his rifle and then comes back to execute them. I just can't wrap my head around that.
    He has nothing left to lose at that point.
    He already shoot them and was on video. If he stopped there and did not kill himself he would be facing a long jail sentence or even death penalty.

So why stop at that point? He was probably thinking I might as well endure I kill them both as I'm a dead man now.

He was "crazy" when he was shooting them with the sidearm. The insanity plea maybe. But going back inside to get the long gun and finishing them off that was logical thinking at that point.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    At no point did the couple deserved what happened to them, based on that video. It's a good reminder why escalating a confrontation is often unwise. You simply do not know where that other person's stopping point is. And you might not want to find out.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    ................................................. But going back inside to get the long gun and finishing them off that was logical thinking at that point.
    That is how a jury would look at it. Once you break contact you will most likely be thought to no longer be in the heat of the moment if you return to finish it. It is a disturbing film. Lot of irrational action. Insanity is never far enough away.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    people think they can push and push with no repercussions you never can tell what’s going on in someone else’s head . I have seen it in road rage while I was driving people get on a roll and don’t know when to let it go and they both ended up with smashed cars. a lot of times it all starts over something stupid !

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Presuming he were to live, would a lawyers most likely best defense be "temporary insanity" or "diminished capacity" due to extreme emotional distress.

My friends and I watched this and I believe temporary insanity - he'd had enough and finally broke.

They argue - extreme rage contributed to diminished capacity.

What say you?

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom