• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm here violating Simon mall rules inside VS. the last few times I've been here with the Mrs. I am feeling self conscious with all the young people and skimpy clothes they are coonfingering.

Is there some age at which VS is just weird to be in? I need to keep encouraging purchases but just feelin' weird at the moment. I may have to start using one of those lingerie modeling services. Much easier than leaving the house anyway and saves gas money...

I am so with you on this. Went in with the mrs a couple weeks back. Of course, lots of moms and their teens there for back to school shopping I guess :dunno:

Anyway, I went into the changing room with my wife. She gave me a kiss and said brb. I'm like no way, you're not leaving me behind! So I went in with her.

Plus, ya know, t!tt!es :D...never miss an opportunity.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    My GF's have always dragged me into VS as they know i'll get uncomfortable. The worst part is the women working there pick up on that and try to make you even more uncomfortable all while your GF laughs at you. Women are evil.

Is there some age at which VS is just weird to be in?

I don't think it's age specific more situational. Here are some of my ideas that would up your creepy factor:

1. Being by yourself inside VS makes you appear creepy
    2. Taking someone less than 20 into VS and making garment suggestions (your age will play a roll in this)
    3. Walking around VS and taking pictures with your cell phone...
    Not sure when they started stocking this. That'll sure save on shipping!!

edbfaab4.jpg

Errrrr ummmmm.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice
    But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price
    And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV
    I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me"

Uhhh.... I'm sure I don't need to post a "which Would You Rather..." Poll

The gals that buys lingerie from Wal-Mart Vs Vicky's. I'm thinking it would be a runaway win. Kinda like Transformers VS Gobots.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Uhhh.... I'm sure I don't need to post a "which Would You Rather..." Poll

The gals that buys lingerie from Wal-Mart Vs Vicky's. I'm thinking it would be a runaway win. Kinda like Transformers VS Gobots.

I don't think so....just because the People of walmart only had hill jacks...I have seen some hotties there and even if they had Walmart undies or VS Undies it wouldn't matter.

Then you would have to take into account that who I find attractive isn't who you may think is and so on, this could be the Dillion>All or a Glock debate thread.

As for being in VS...I walk by the one in the Circle Centre mall all the time and only been in it in the last year when my then 19 year old daughter was looking for something. I was very very uncomfortable, felt like I was a perve. Just kinda kept my head down and didn't look around...

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Okay. I've already posted in this thread and I usually make it a point not to because I don't want to ever give the impression that I would disrespect my wife. We are not wealthy but if she has a need, I will meet it everytime. If she has a want, I'll do my best to honor that the best our income allows even if it means that I cut back on my wants. If I'm honest, I'd like to think that that I'd even cut back on my needs for hers, as a good husband should.

Call me easily distracted, lacking in fortitude or maybe you guys have a higher sense of fashion (then again, I do have a murse...) but I tend to think that my wife makes the clothes, not the clothes make the wife. I don't care if her purchases come from VS, Target or even Wally-World, if it is what she wants and it makes her happy then I am happy.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think the whole mystique is the thought that the clothing is to make someone feel sexy or look sexy. Someone who wants that is felt to be more attractive because of what it implies.

Personality is sexy, not clothes.

I went to Limited Brands' corporate headquarters in Columbus. They had 30' prints of the catalogue girls lining the huge entryway and hallways. Worth a visit :)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Also, the fact that I don't know the difference between where the clothes may or may not come from just reinforces the stereotype that I am a pig who isn't paying attention and wouldn't ever know the difference. :D

Top Bottom