Value on Mauser HSC WWII captured pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone have an idea as to the value of a WWII captured Mauser HSC? This one was captured by my grandfather and I have the original declaration papers. I think it was refinished at one point and is missing the firing pin. Pretty sure it's 7.65mm but the markings are not visible. Nazi proof marks are however.
    Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20240811_143446.jpg
    20240811_143505.jpg
    20240811_143528.jpg
    20240811_143541.jpg
    20240811_143633.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Completed auctions on Gunbroker go anywhere from $500 to $1175, depending on condition. Yours looks as nice as the one that went for $1175, and it didn't have the holster.

Thanks for the info. However I'm pretty sure this has been refinished and is missing the firing pin. I'm sure that hurts the value significantly

In fact I know it's been refinished because my mom told me my dad had it refinished after my grandfather died.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks for the info. However I'm pretty sure this has been refinished and is missing the firing pin. I'm sure that hurts the value significantly
    Ah yeah, I forgot about the firing pin. I'd still say it should go for at least 400-450, maybe more. Numrich has the firing pin and spring. Firing pin is 36 and change, spring is about 7 bucks.

They're neat little pistols. I've got one in .380.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ah yeah, I forgot about the firing pin. I'd still say it should go for at least 400-450, maybe more. Numrich has the firing pin and spring. Firing pin is 36 and change, spring is about 7 bucks.

They're neat little pistols. I've got one in .380.
    Nice! I'm not particularly interested in getting it shooting. Probably just pass it along, if I can, as is to someone more interested in these things.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If my grandpa brought that home from war, it would be priceless, just saying
    Agreed. Maybe if its of no interest to you from that angle, any other family that might value it more? And it doesnt sound like its going to be a high dollar asset since its not original/complete. So no big loss to you to give it to somebody who would cherish it for the sentemental value.

And no judgement here for you not valuing it for the heirloom status. Not everything is something to all. (ick. that kinda sounded like a Kamalaism. LOL)

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Nice! I'm not particularly interested in getting it shooting. Probably just pass it along, if I can, as is to someone more interested in these things.
    If you can get the parts for ~$50 to get it shooting, do it now. It never ceases to amaze me how hard (and/or) expensive it is to find small parts for older guns when I need them. Would definitely make it more valuable to you, another family member, or a buyer.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Never met my grandfather. He died before my brother and I were born. So no real deep sentimental connection for me or my brother. Just kind of a cool old gun with a bit of a story.
    IMHO the sentiment would be, my grandfather brought it home from ww2, my dad inherited it from him, and I inherited it from my dad, so your looking at 3 generations in your family so far! And if it passes to one of your children (or niece or nephew) that’d be a 4th generation, all owning it and the documentation that it was a war trophy!

I have a “young American” and smith and Wesson safety hammerless (aka lemon squeezer thats broken) 32 revolvers that were carried by my grandfather’s cousins dad that he carried as a railroad worker, absolutely zero collectors value, but still valuable to me!

I have a walther p1, post war, nothing important,…but my mom bought it for my dad, a birthday present, from gander mountain, and after he passed I inherited it…so it’s valuable to me

Blue book, or gun broker can put a price on your guns, but not a price on history!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    IMHO the sentiment would be, my grandfather brought it home from ww2, my dad inherited it from him, and I inherited it from my dad, so your looking at 3 generations in your family so far! And if it passes to one of your children (or niece or nephew) that’d be a 4th generation, all owning it and the documentation that it was a war trophy!

I have a “young American” and smith and Wesson safety hammerless (aka lemon squeezer thats broken) 32 revolvers that were carried by my grandfather’s cousins dad that he carried as a railroad worker, absolutely zero collectors value, but still valuable to me!

I have a walther p1, post war, nothing important,…but my mom bought it for my dad, a birthday present, from gander mountain, and after he passed I inherited it…so it’s valuable to me

Blue book, or gun broker can put a price on your guns, but not a price on history!
    This was my mom's dad. He landed on Normandy just not on d-day. It is a neat piece of history but honestly the only heirloom that my grandfather left behind that I had an attachment to is gone. There was 40 acres of land in Morgan County that had been my grandfather’s and he and my grandmother built a house on it. That piece of property was was pased down through his family. My grandmother had the original land deed from 1817. That property was a part of my family for over 200 years. One year after Indiana became a state my great great grandfather bought it. One year after my grandmother died. My uncle sold it. I grew up there, I had a shooting range built out there, my brother and I had miles of trails built out there. That is what I had a sentimental connection to with my grandfather and my ancestors. My POS uncle, not so much.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    This was my mom's dad. He landed on Normandy just not on d-day. It is a neat piece of history but honestly the only heirloom that my grandfather left behind that I had an attachment to is gone. There was 40 acres of land in Morgan County that had been my grandfather’s and he and my grandmother built a house on it. That piece of property was was pased down through his family. My grandmother had the original land deed from 1817. That property was a part of my family for over 200 years. One year after Indiana became a state my great great grandfather bought it. One year after my grandmother died. My uncle sold it. I grew up there, I had a shooting range built out there, my brother and I had miles of trails built out there. That is what I had a sentimental connection to with my grandfather and my ancestors. My POS uncle, not so much.
    Nobody sticks the knife in quite like family can, because you usually don't let anyone else get close enough.

Top Bottom