• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think if you couple that with the Scotland study I also cited (taking the high vaccine adoption numbers as possibly a valid stand-in for all of the UK) it should tell you at the very least that the vaccine is no help and quite likely a hinderance to recovery. I don't believe you could explain all of the variance in who is most likely to get sick, Vax or non-vax, as determined by who were the most likely to take the vaccine, but I'd like to see you try. Scotland had better than 90% having taken at least one dose, and one dose by itself is thought to be over 80% effective

Your seeming insistence on a data set broken down by all co-morbidities, even though I'm not sure you could characterize a relative hierarchy of seriousness of same in order to use that information meaningfully (ie: is it worse to have obesity or HBP or diabetes and statistically HOW MUCH worse), is noted

Perhaps you will wait for a twins study or one based on a 'perfect' data set. Might want to stock up on snacks, I believe it will be a long wait
    I didn't see the Scotland study you linked, but is this it?
    As for who is most likely to get sick, it's pretty obvious from the study you linked. It appears the non-vax are, 35.5k vs 4.1k. And not sure where you are getting the effective % from. From the Scotland study I linked it shows 92% for both doses of the pfizer vs S gene negative and 70% vs S gene positive (delta varient) for the Astra Zenica it's 72% and 60% respectively. For single dose from the studies I can find for the Delta variant it's about 30-40%.

As for telling who is vaxed vs non vaxed and gets sick by who is more likely to have been vaxed. I never said you could. I did state that those who are high risk are more likely to have had the vaccine. Do you dispute that? Can't find data for all the co-mobidities but for age in the UK age 60+ the vax rate is 90% or higher, for the 25-29 maybe 60%. Which group has the higher fatality rate?

Oh and the Scottish vaccination rate you quoted may be accurate now, it wasn't when the study was conducted.

UK vax rate by age group.

Single dose effectiveness.

And my insistence? I just stated that for the purpose of determining if the vax makes an infection worse, that the study is worthless, and I stand by that. And no need to break it down by all co-morbidities or rank them by hierarchy. A simple breakdown by age and number of co-morbidities would be of more use than that study.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What do you call some that graduates last in their med school class?

Doctor.
    You and I are engineers. We're not doctors. At best I can point out where this doctor and information from various other sources is either consistent or inconsistent. But you've gone beyond that to imply that the reason this guy is going against CDC guidelines is because he isn't a very good doctor. And how could you possibly know that? Because he disagreed with the CDC?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    What do you call some that graduates last in their med school class?

Doctor.
    You and I disagree on a lot of the fundamentals of this subject, but when I read your post I wanted to ask you if we’ve met, because that’s my joke, I’ve never heard anyone else tell it and no ones heard it when I tell it (ok don’t ask my kids and wife about that…).
    I thought it was just a good delivery.
    I did not watch the video, I just laughed at your joke.
    Of course if you were disparaging the good dr you should be ashamed of yourself, we don’t do that here on INGO.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Boy, Holcomb’s hopeful senate race polling must be really in the toilet thanks to his “pandemic” responses…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You and I are engineers. We're not doctors. At best I can point out where this doctor and information from various other sources is either consistent or inconsistent. But you've gone beyond that to imply that the reason this guy is going against CDC guidelines is because he isn't a very good doctor. And how could you possibly know that? Because he disagreed with the CDC?
    It's a joke, Jamil, like this whole thread has become.

Anyone know why the video got taken down?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's a joke, Jamil, like this whole thread has become.

5zPa.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom