Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Serious question. How safe exactly is the vaccine?
    Obviously when I search online, the results are skewed.
    You'll never get a straight answer. I've had the two Pfizer shots with no ill effects. If you ask someone pushing the vaccine, the answer will be "perfectly safe". If you ask someone that's anti-vaccine, the answer will be "it's un-tested and nobody knows the long term effects" (which is also true). Your choice.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    IU Health has already been doing that. We have been having an "ask the expert" type of thing where IU Health Doctors talk about how safe and effective the jab is and answer questions. I love my job, but I don't see how any medical doctor can push this witch's brew on people with a straight face. They should have their medical license revoked. There are no long term studies. How the F can someone talk about how safe it is? We already know the effective part is a lie... :rolleyes:
    J$J vaccine-blood clots, (never mind it`s origin has to do with aborted fetuses). Pfizer vaccine-heart inflammation. Moderna-yet to be determined what acute side effects. And of course, NO ONE knows what the chronic, or long-term side effects may be, because it hasn`t been used long enough to KNOW what those will be. It`s criminal that courts allow an experimental drug to be mandated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    More taxpayer money wasted and frittered away...

A slight twist on the saying about liberal policies, "Ideas so good they have to be mandated!"

With the vaccine, it's "Ideas so good that you have to bribe people to take the shot!"

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You'll never get a straight answer. I've had the two Pfizer shots with no ill effects. If you ask someone pushing the vaccine, the answer will be "perfectly safe". If you ask someone that's anti-vaccine, the answer will be "it's un-tested and nobody knows the long term effects" (which is also true). Your choice.
    This is exactly why it’s so hard to figure out the truth anymore. Everything has been so politicized and skewed that it’s all murky.

What I find interesting is that the people saying “well it’s not even FDA-approved” are the same ones who don’t trust other government agencies. So if it had been FDA approved you would trust it? I don’t believe they would. That’s just the reason they landed on because it sounds legitimate.

I think the pandemic is real, and dangerous. I think the vaccines are safe. Given the number of people who have been vaccinated and still gotten the virus, I don’t believe it’s all that effective. I haven’t gotten it because I decided my risk level didn’t justify it. My age range represents 0.6% of the deaths from COVID. I had COVID already and didn’t feel all that badly. So, I have rolled the dice on immunity. I could be wrong. I could get very sick or die. People may read this a year from now and say “well he was wrong and now he’s dead.” Who knows. I have to make the best choice I can given the info available.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    but I don't see how any medical doctor can push this witch's brew on people with a straight face.
    This pushy ness is exactly what makes me not want it. They tried to get my wife to take it after a 2 week stint in the ICU while still in hospital in serious condition(non covid related). On all kinds of meds and barely back from knocking on deaths door but these jack***s thought it was a good idea to get the shot right away.

then the VA doc tried to negotiate me into taking a single shot and he would mark me as fully vaccinated since I had already had covid.

wtf ? Neither of these scenarios make any sense

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is exactly why it’s so hard to figure out the truth anymore. Everything has been so politicized and skewed that it’s all murky.

What I find interesting is that the people saying “well it’s not even FDA-approved” are the same ones who don’t trust other government agencies. So if it had been FDA approved you would trust it? I don’t believe they would. That’s just the reason they landed on because it sounds legitimate.

I think the pandemic is real, and dangerous. I think the vaccines are safe. Given the number of people who have been vaccinated and still gotten the virus, I don’t believe it’s all that effective. I haven’t gotten it because I decided my risk level didn’t justify it. My age range represents 0.6% of the deaths from COVID. I had COVID already and didn’t feel all that badly. So, I have rolled the dice on immunity. I could be wrong. I could get very sick or die. People may read this a year from now and say “well he was wrong and now he’s dead.” Who knows. I have to make the best choice I can given the info available.
    I think Covid is real. That is to say I think it's a real virus. I don't think it rises to the level of "pandemic" any moreso than any other cold or flu virus. The survival rate is so freaking high that I'd have a better chance of hitting the lottery while being struck by lightning than I would dying from Covid. (I know that's an exaggeration but still...).

I have complied with every "suggestion" they've put out, mostly. I'm done. I have done all that I'm going to do. Not going back now.

So far so good on the vaccine. I didn't even get a sore arm, but that's just anecdotal.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

That's what we all want. The ability to gauge for ourselves what the risk is to us and then make an informed decision on what we want to do. I don't think poorly of anyone who has gotten the vaccine, though I don't understand people like my stepson who decided to get it even though he's only 25 and perfectly healthy. That's insane to me. The problem is all the complete BS the government, health officials, the media and businesses are spewing. Masks don't work, lockdowns did more harm than good and herd immunity is much better than the only somewhat effective vaccines. Those are the truth, but the "follow the science people" are spouting the opposite.

This pushy ness is exactly what makes me not want it. They tried to get my wife to take it after a 2 week stint in the ICU while still in hospital in serious condition. On all kinds of meds and barely back from knocking on deaths door but these jack***s thought it was a good idea to get the shot right away.

then the VA doc tried to negotiate me into taking a single shot and he would mark me as fully vaccinated since I had already had covid.

wtf ? Neither of these scenarios make any sense

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I can't understand people who don't see this as an exercise in governmental control over it's populace. It has nothing to do with a supposed public health crisis. The statics just don't bear out the humongous overreaction by the authority figures at all. The more they push this :poop: the more people are going to resist it. I think this is going to end bloody.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That's what we all want. The ability to gauge for ourselves what the risk is to us and then make an informed decision on what we want to do. I don't think poorly of anyone who has gotten the vaccine, though I don't understand people like my stepson who decided to get it even though he's only 25 and perfectly healthy. That's insane to me. The problem is all the complete BS the government, health officials, the media and businesses are spewing. Masks don't work, lockdowns did more harm than good and herd immunity is much better than the only somewhat effective vaccines. Those are the truth, but the "follow the science people" are spouting the opposite.

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I can't understand people who don't see this as an exercise in governmental control over it's populace. It has nothing to do with a supposed public health crisis. The statics just don't bear out the humongous overreaction by the authority figures at all. The more they push this :poop: the more people are going to resist it. I think this is going to end bloody.

I have said from the beginning of this plandemic.....

This whole event is not an effort to control a virus. It is an effort to determine ability to control people.

That is my opinion....I expect time will prove it to be true.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know I've posted this before, but the only thing that made DoggyMama and I get vaccinated was when our youngest granddaughter's dad and other grandparents all came down with it. Granddaughter quarantined with us for 3 weeks, which was awesome, but I reckon we felt the risk to our health (if things went sideways with the vaccine) was worth it if it was effective and did reduce the risk to her.

I was very much on the fence about it up until then. Still think it's an individual choice.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    P.S. I've heard that the Pfizer vaccine (that we got) makes womens' breasts larger. So far, it's not happened, but Sunday marks 2 weeks since her second shot (tomorrow for me), so hope springs eternal!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Great question!

Why has the FDA not approved the vaccines?

They were given the “ok” for emergency use?

What?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps big pharma wants the FDA intact after this scam in order to create barriers to entry and protect their financial position.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The creepy factor of all the propaganda, and all the forceful messaging is just off the ****ing charts. I legitimately can't believe any rational thinking person would take a vaccine from the same people that giggle and mock the death of anyone right of center.

This must be how a child feels when joe biden stands behind them. No one is going to listen to them or believe them, but they have to live with it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The creepy factor of all the propaganda, and all the forceful messaging is just off the ****ing charts. I legitimately can't believe any rational thinking person would take a vaccine from the same people that giggle and mock the death of anyone right of center.

This must be how a child feels when joe biden stands behind them. No one is going to listen to them or believe them, but they have to live with it.
    Yep. It's like inferring the existence of a celestial body by its gravitational influence, even if you can't observe it directly.

Nobody behaves like this when the thing they're pushing is actually for your own benefit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom