• ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Light

I also like the idea of having something different on the back then the torch on the front and back.

No these are not the RO shirts for the section (not at $90 a piece)
    OH Come on, We deserve them Quit being so Dam tight, that would only be about $3000 just for our shirts

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sue's been following the thread, some of her comments

The shirt would have to be red/white/black with the STI logo as large or larger than any other to meet the contingency program. Therefore, putting STI on a blue shirt will not qualify with them.

If individuals would like to add logos of their choice, I can make the Indiana stars and torch smaller on the back. I subdued it on the front just for something there. Logos can be place over top of it and still stand out if they’d like to add to the center front below the zipper. They can also add to the right front across from their name. If the sleeve with the IN state stuff on it is too repetitive, they can have that one to put logos on as well. Since we have so many logos in our library to choose from, it’d be difficult to provide a list. I’d suggest they simply ask. Some logos may require them to get permission for their use. Most gun companies require permission (but not STI).

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I dont mean to step on anyones toes or upset anyone, but it seems like too much is being asked. I think the shirts look great as they are. I would think that is you were a person who needed to add a variety of other logos, patches, etc, then maybe this isnt the shirt to do it on. My understanding for STI contingency is that STI must have more than 50% of the available space, which IMO would mean trying to combine the Contingency requirements and the "indiana" theme would just be a poor idea, or at best, not the mission being accomplished here.

I think they look great as they are and am really excited for them to get here.

also, I think $90 a pop is crazy, but I've done crazier and I'll still pay it

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Sue's been following the thread, some of her comments

The shirt would have to be red/white/black with the STI logo as large or larger than any other to meet the contingency program. Therefore, putting STI on a blue shirt will not qualify with them.

If individuals would like to add logos of their choice, I can make the Indiana stars and torch smaller on the back. I subdued it on the front just for something there. Logos can be place over top of it and still stand out if they’d like to add to the center front below the zipper. They can also add to the right front across from their name. If the sleeve with the IN state stuff on it is too repetitive, they can have that one to put logos on as well. Since we have so many logos in our library to choose from, it’d be difficult to provide a list. I’d suggest they simply ask. Some logos may require them to get permission for their use. Most gun companies require permission (but not STI).

Deal killer for me.

If I'm going to pay $90 for a shirt to represent IN at Area and Nationals (yes, I go to the SS Nationals) I'm going to need one with an STI logo. I know the chances of winning my class are slim but hope springs eternal and I'm not going to go without an STI logo as long as I'm shooting an STI gun.
    I don't suppose I can change colors on mine and still qualify for the group deal, assuming we are getting a deal?
    Thanks for all your work on this JT.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Bill, this shirt is meant to promote and represent USPSA - Indiana and it's shooters.

Understand if you want out, but you can get an STI shirt in a lot of places.

Bart has a real nice one he got for the State match.

I think Jake has something similiar that he has Indiana Section - USPSA on the back.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Light or Dark?

Light:
    Msquared
    JoshWard
    Jake
    stisuper
    dougb
    majorducky
    caspian

Dark:
    Hickman
    Bill D
    Mongo
    Riverman
    Skroggster
    azone
    mccormick
    Que
    Mike E
    downrange
    cowboy1629

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    keep voting and giving opinions on the design.

so we close out this part, the sooner we can get on with ordering and maybe have them by the first match of the year, :D

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Hickman- Option two would work for me. What will the price be? $80? Size Large. I like the clean look. A match (sponsored) shirt would have too much on it for me.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I just dont care much about winning anything. Any one who plans or expects to win anything significant is either already sponsored or delusional. These sports just dont pay out, we shoot for the love of it. It sure is nice to get a lil something here and there, but IMO if we ever net more than $500 worth of stuff in a lifetime of matches, we probably did way better than average.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    amen Mike. I like plaques and little goodies, but that's as far as I'll ever get.

When you were at the top of C class, you could have shot and won your class at a major, if you went.
    If you were shooting an STI, that would have been $350.

Lotsa folks win their class at Area matches that are not sponsored or delusional.

Top Bottom