• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad: So our wonderful USPS decided that the best route to send my gun would be through Des Moines IA. I checked my tracking number this morning and here is what i find:

Detailed Results:
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    bullet_circle.gif
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 24, 2012, 5:05 am, DES MOINES, IA 50318
    bullet_circle.gif
    Depart USPS Sort Facility, February 23, 2012, NASHVILLE, TN 37227
    bullet_circle.gif
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, February 22, 2012, 8:10 pm, NASHVILLE, TN 37227
    bullet_circle.gif
    Dispatched to Sort Facility, February 22, 2012, 5:05 pm, LEBANON, TN 37087
    bullet_circle.gif
    Acceptance, February 22, 2012, 10:45 am, LEBANON, TN 37087
    bullet_circle.gif
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 22, 2012

So looks like someone cant read a damn label that was printed out and clearly reads:

Shipped to:
    Beech Grove Firearms
    207 Main St
    Beech Grove IN 46107-1814

This was a computer generated label so handwriting wasn't an issue. Also there is a zip code on it. WTF:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad :

/rant off. Had to rant in its own thread as i already posted in my happy thread about it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am actually kind of impressed they are able to actually track their mistake. I wonder how many times this happens, and how that contributes to their huge financial losses this year. I have been really lucky. Everything I shipped last year made it to the destination in one piece in a timely fashion. Everything I ordered that was shipped USPS made it to me in good shape also. UPS delivered two smashed boxes, one I had lost a single $2 plastic ammo box the other was still all there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    As the south shore train conductor tells us when we comutte into chicago are are running 10 to 30 mins late every other day.

"Hey at least we get you there".

:faint:

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I feel your pain, I am currently waiting on a package to get her and my usps lady decides when and if she will deliver it. It is very frustrating to say the least.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I was in college and getting ready to sell my truck and my Mom sent the title to me, priority mail signature required. PO drop-off location said I would have it in two days tops, maybe even next day. It showed up 7 weeks later after I already started the process for a lost title.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Still in freaking Des Moines seriously. 17 hours to get back to the processing facility?

* Detailed Results:

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 24, 2012, 10:33 pm, DES MOINES, IA 50318
    Depart USPS Sort Facility, February 24, 2012, DES MOINES, IA 50318
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 24, 2012, 5:05 am, DES MOINES, IA 50318
    Depart USPS Sort Facility, February 23, 2012, NASHVILLE, TN 37227
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, February 22, 2012, 8:10 pm, NASHVILLE, TN 37227
    Dispatched to Sort Facility, February 22, 2012, 5:05 pm, LEBANON, TN 37087
    Acceptance, February 22, 2012, 10:45 am, LEBANON, TN 37087
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 22, 2012

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's now the weekend what do you expect? They are s-l-o-w when you really want to have an item arrive and ffffffaaaaasssssttttt when you don't (ie. bill). :faint:

BTW if you don't like the service you should of shipped/delivered/picked up yourself. ;)

Relentless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I have shipped tons of stuff over the years. One item I sent to the East coast ended up OVERSEAS! I asked the Postmaster about this and she said they go by the zip code initially and some zip codes are similar. This could be what happened with your package. Someone read the zip code wrong and it went to the wrong place. At least they are still able to track it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    A couple of times, I've been glad to have the UPS tracking available. Once I ordered something from Bushmaster (you know where that is) and on its fifth trip between IL and AZ I finally got someone to go out on the floor and find it. I almost lost a corner notcher that had originally been swapped with someone else's finger brake, and was driving around on the wrong truck right here in town and was headed for the lost package warehouse in a couple of days. They do a real good job, except for the few times they don't, and then they can malfunction in dramatic ways.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Had something similar happen to a Fedex international package. Most of their international packages leave their Nashville, TN center.

It went like this:
    Accepted at local fedex facility
    left local facility
    arrived at Indy
    Left Indy
    arrived at Nashville
    left Nashville
    arrived at Indy
    left Indy
    arrived at Nashville
    left nashville
    arrived in Dubai
    etc, etc...

:dunno:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I have shipped tons of stuff over the years. One item I sent to the East coast ended up OVERSEAS! I asked the Postmaster about this and she said they go by the zip code initially and some zip codes are similar. This could be what happened with your package. Someone read the zip code wrong and it went to the wrong place. At least they are still able to track it.

I want to give them benefit of the doubt but 46227 looks nothin like 50318. This was a computer generated shipping slip so not a handwriting goof. There just isn't a reason for this to happen when you are trying to say "you need us". Lesson has been learned I will not use them again unless I have no choice.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It is never a direct ship.
    Everything goes to a central sort facility and then gets brought back to be mailed out.

Even if you are mailing to another address in the same town, it gets shipped
    out of town, maybe out of state, sorted, then sent back.

All in the name of efficiency.

Note: the post office is wanting to raise the cost of a first class letter to 50 cents in the near future, stop Saturday deliveries and is closing facilities
    in certain areas.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Up until this past Friday, I would select USPS shipping when I was given the option from the vendor over FedEx or UPS, but no more.... I'm sick of late or lost packages w/ USPS, so I'll bite and pay the greater shipping costs to get the package shipped safely/responsibly via the other two couriors from now on.

If the US Postal System was privatized and taken out of the Fed's hands, it would improve greatly I bet.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Up until this past Friday, I would select USPS shipping when I was given the option from the vendor over FedEx or UPS, but no more.... I'm sick of late or lost packages w/ USPS, so I'll bite and pay the greater shipping costs to get the package shipped safely/responsibly via the other two couriors from now on.

If the US Postal System was privatized and taken out of the Fed's hands, it would improve greatly I bet.

With no chance of failure comes no desire for success.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Up until this past Friday, I would select USPS shipping when I was given the option from the vendor over FedEx or UPS, but no more.....

Only problem is that some packages shipped UPS end up being handled by the USPS! Of course this adds a couple days to the whole process.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I on the other hand, have to give props to USPS. Just (yesterday) received my red dot mount, from WI to VA in two days, shipped standard priority.

Top Bottom